Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 December 2013, 04:29   #51
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
I'd avoid the Dacia-I looked at the towing capacities and they aren't great. Not only that, the diesel is a damn sight more than 11k.
I was looking at the petrol 4x4 version which is 11k (the 2wd version is 9k). Decided against it as i was dubious about the build quality (to be honest for 11k they must be cutting corners) so treated the Isuzu Bighorn to a new set of tyres and exhaust instead.
__________________

__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 05:59   #52
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Thunder
Make: Halmatic Arctic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2 x 150 Etec
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 500
I have a 2009 LWB Shogun. It's been pretty faultless and is a great towing vehicle but cheap to run it is not. 490 odd to tax, drinks diesel but has so far done 75000 miles with not an issue.
__________________

__________________
GordyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 06:37   #53
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Nice one Dave you forgot to mention the paper thin body work and how quick the sumps rust through.
Mines 11 years old and and never let me down as for the sump it was on the joint and the metal sealer has worked also the body work is no different than your L.R.

Being as you probably finance yours through your business you change it every 3 years or so and the warrenty covers all the repairs its had to have but if you add up the true cost of keeping it on the road and the time you have not been able to use it due to repairs .... my Terrano will outshine your L.R by farrrrr
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 07:09   #54
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
not that it's worth a carrot, here's my two penneth worth: I've run landrovers of various models for 30 years + and everyone of them has earned it's corn on a regular basis, off roading, towing n everything else you can think of, yes they have had niggles but what doesn't! as far as I'm concerned, no matter who actually owns it, landrover is British n buying them keeps valuable jobs in Britain, I appreciate that's a choice but it's mine to make, similar to when most if us have bought a rib / sib, most likely British n keeps jobs going. I've got nowt against the so called jap crap, it's just not for me, but I don't waste my time knocking it, what's the point!! n as for a Terrano being better than a landrover, Kerny you've had far too much lemonade, best get back on you're horlicks mate, I was involved in the UK launch of Terrano many years back, I will admit the radios were far better than what landrover spec'd but other than that don't make me laugh, my old series one 80" would have left them for dead, even for towing

anyway, who gives a rats arse, it's my 90 n I like it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	88388  
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 07:33   #55
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Truro-Cornwall & Brazil
Boat name: Bananas in Blue
Make: Humber Destroyer 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-Tec 115
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 385
Have you considered a new shape Sorrento? You'd get into one with 30k on the clock, 2010/11, 195bhp diesel, Figures suggest 40 mpg on a run, VED@200, 0-60 in 9 secs, couple of years warranty left, 2500kgs tow capacity and 5k change from your 20k to spend on more RIB toys!
__________________
Markyboyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 07:35   #56
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
not that it's worth a carrot, here's my two penneth worth: I've run landrovers of various models for 30 years + and everyone of them has earned it's corn on a regular basis, off roading, towing n everything else you can think of, yes they have had niggles but what doesn't! as far as I'm concerned, no matter who actually owns it, landrover is British n buying them keeps valuable jobs in Britain, I appreciate that's a choice but it's mine to make, similar to when most if us have bought a rib / sib, most likely British n keeps jobs going. I've got nowt against the so called jap crap, it's just not for me, but I don't waste my time knocking it, what's the point!! n as for a Terrano being better than a landrover, Kerny you've had far too much lemonade, best get back on you're horlicks mate, I was involved in the UK launch of Terrano many years back, I will admit the radios were far better than what landrover spec'd but other than that don't make me laugh, my old series one 80" would have left them for dead, even for towing

anyway, who gives a rats arse, it's my 90 n I like it
What I'm saying Mate is keep a LR alongside a so called Jap crap for 10 years and see which one has had the least money spent on it due to repairs.For what its worth and that might not be much but Id put money on Jap. I'll go and get me lemonade.
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 07:59   #57
RIBnet supporter
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 90Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,984
Ha just driven through Sowerby bridge & BBC are filming last tango in Halifax and guess who's motor they might need as an extra the trusty old Defener.
__________________
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 08:02   #58
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,786
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboyo View Post
Have you considered a new shape Sorrento? You'd get into one with 30k on the clock, 2010/11, 195bhp diesel, Figures suggest 40 mpg on a run, VED@200, 0-60 in 9 secs, couple of years warranty left, 2500kgs tow capacity and 5k change from your 20k to spend on more RIB toys!
Had a sorennto for years and would not change it for anything. BTMO everybody is entitled to theirs. Let's no go to war boys they all have there pluses and minuses!!

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 08:06   #59
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post

Had a sorennto for years and would not change it for anything. BTMO everybody is entitled to theirs. Let's no go to war boys they all have there pluses and minuses!!

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
I think that could well be my next car Billy . As for the Landy boys they always take the bait
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 08:06   #60
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
What I'm saying Mate is keep a LR alongside a so called Jap crap for 10 years and see which one has had the least money spent on it due to repairs.For what its worth and that might not be much but Id put money on Jap. I'll go and get me lemonade.
anytime you like Kerny, Jayne's Disco is 13 next Feb, still on original exhaust, done 120k+ plus n just keeps on coming back for more, I'll admit the horn ain't blowing at the minute but it's been one hell of a tow car n still does the business, we bought it when it was 2 years old n it don't owe us a penny! it even towed me old recovery crane round the forests when we did rally recovery with it for a season, been off road with it, pulled a fully laden transit out of the sea at Black Rock Sands, don't ask bloody school teachers very underrated motor in my opinion, but as I said before I know my opinion counts for nowt, I'm going back into my landrover cave now, time to chill
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.