Well, we finally made it out on the water. We had a problem with the engine sneezing and dying as soon as we got up to speed. She lost one cylinder and then another
. We ended up having to chug back in on one cylinder with the paddles at the ready. Rogan decided it was bad fuel and I thought our carbs were jelled up. Anyway, we decided to drain our fuel tanks and fuel line and try again. She ran perfectly
. I did however get a mouthful of gasoline, nothing a little beer couldn't take care of though. We ended up having a great time. Good old trusty yammy. Last time I ever trust fuel stabilizer over the winter in the tanks.
We couldn't get an accurate top speed reading since it was relatively rough out but I think she is 3-5 mph faster with the refinished hull. Satellite radio worked flawlessly no skipping cds or commercials and over 250 channels anywhere we go.
I would like to take the time to thank all those RIBner members who offered us help and support on this project. Thanks Stoo, Pathalla, dctucker and OceanEco. We could not have done this without you.