Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Zodiac 733/ CZ7

May have opportunity to buy one of these, ex-military. No Engine or tubes but has trailer. Does anyone have any good/bad comments on these boats.
Thank you
Old 14 May 2006, 22:12   #2

Town: mansfield
Length: no boat
Send a message via MSN to osprey__viper
I think there is a member on here from North Wales who has bought a cz7. Try a member search for jellis.
Old 14 May 2006, 22:55   #3

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
I don't think the CZ7 has ever been a military boat specifically. Rather, the CZ7 was modeled after the 733/730/7-meter RIBs which have been a standard for the military for many years and supplied by several manufacturers in addition to Zodiac. The CZ7 was created to attract the media and hopefully generate sales of similar boats at a lower pricetag that don't include the expensive goodies. The primary differences exist in the materials used for the hull (CZ7 has the good stuff) and all the bells and whistles.

But the ex-military 730 and 733 Zodiacs (and Willards) are awesome boats and will deliver much the same performance as the CZ7 so are a very good choice - you really can't go wrong with them. I've had a 733 since 1990, have taken it everywhere, and would recommend it without reservation. Let us know if you get it....I think there are some sources for used and surplus tubes you could use rather than buying new...glad to see you found the source for these boats. good luck!
Old 14 May 2006, 22:55   #4

Town: Ventura, California
Boat name: Maverick
Make: Ribcraft Mitigator
Engine: 2 150 hp Johnsons
Zodiac 733

Having read some of your previous posts on your plans I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. We did a lot of research on these types of boats and too wanted to buy an older used RIB and fix it up for our particular needs. Zodiac has the reputation in the US and sells lots of boats to the Military and other agencies but I don't feel they are the best boat for what you are planning.

We ended up buying a 2004 7.8M Ribcraft and are in love with it. So much so that we have agreed to demo the boat for Ribcraft USA to potential buyers on the West Coast. You will be surprised at the cost compared to Zodiac and they are very well built. They are also lighter and I feel a much more comfortable ride. They also custom build their boats to the clients specs and you can get them with very little stuff and add things on your own.

We're in Ventura California and would welcome a visit if you are interested in checking out a Ribcraft. You can find pictures and some of what we do with ours on our website, www.channelwatchmarine.com.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or want to take a trip to California.
Old 14 May 2006, 23:40   #5

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Thanks for all the input from the US side of the pond. I am already working with Ribcraft on a 7.8. and have a quote. That was my first choice. However, I am not in a hurry and as I have the time and inclination to re-store or build from scratch, I will continue to look around for something that is a little easier on my wallet. Being from a Yorkshire,family I tend to have frugle outlook on life.
Thanks again, Tony