I'm out

Any particular reason Andre?
Old 22 April 2005, 18:32   #42

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Any particular reason Andre?
You may have guessed that I am a Rib International fan and had started my subscription in 1998 following the Round Scotland.
Some members over the past months /years have been giving RI a hard time but I like it and have now even started to advertise.

RI covers as you very well know a lot of rib tests from various manufactures both from the UK and overseas. I am sure many readers have read many of those reports prior to selecting the best rib for him/her

From Erica's posts I cannot see what a US rib magazine can do for us in UK /Europe what RI can't do . I am yet to be proved wrong.

Will Erica be visiting various boat builders here in the UK and Europe to test their ribs. What can we gain from that magazine. It was nice to see Dag's article but that article is directed to those who know nothing or very little of ribs/inflatables. I would say that Erica's magazine will be very good for the US markets and in time will introduce our cousin's from across the pond what ribs are all about. Perhaps even direct them to our forum if we get mentioned.

I can only congratulate Erica for what she is doing but I am not convinced it will be of any advantage to us here. Mind you we have RibNet and for most no subscription fee
Old 20 September 2006, 14:23   #43

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Just checking.

Does anyone know if this mag still working or gave up the ghost?

I haven't received an issue since issue No 6 and there should be one or two more. Aslo emails to the editor and subsequent phonecalls have not been answered.

So I'm just wondering
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 23:28   #44

Town: San Diego.California
Boat name: Bayshots
Make: XS-550
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90
Me neither
I sent a lot of images and never received a thank you. Promises of we will send you a hat as a thank you were forgotten ,as well as my remaining magazine copies.
Seems when building on your customer base, you would look after the "founding subscribers"
Visiting the website brought up outdated info; and nothing to make believe they are still in business.
Should have stuck with RIB international : but got a little pricey being here in the US.
cheers darrall
Old 21 September 2006, 01:13   #45

Town: Cowichan Bay
Boat name: Neptune
Make: Zodiac Hurricane
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin140 suzi 4stroke
Erica was supposed to come up to Vancouver Island to do an interview and go whale watching with my company. we booked off dates for her and she did not call or show up. I,m glad I never bought a subscription.

Has anyone who subscribed received a issue?
Old 21 September 2006, 07:08   #46

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
I have subscribed to the mag also a friend from Greece. He received issue No 6 ONLY. And I received issues from 1-6.
I had the first part of our 2005 summer vaction published with some photos in issue 6 and I got an email back in July saying that the mag is now coming out in a CD form which was sent to me then. I believe in that CD should have been the second part of the holiday.
However, so far I have received nothing and also my friend.
May be something may have happened to Erica? She usually replied to my emails and whenever I called there was someone there at all times to answer the phone.
Now there is no reply to either email or phone.
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2007, 04:33   #47
zip

Town: Pacific Beach
Boat name: Dash II
Make: Willard
Length: 7m +
Engine: Cummins
inflatable boats magazine

are these guys still in business?

does this magazine exist?