Old 19 March 2014, 00:43   #1

Town: Ellenton, FL
Boat name: FC-470
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: 55h Johnson Enforcer
MMSI: 338118943
Send a message via AIM to Lincoln Charlie
Unexpected, affordable, INFLATABLE boat pump!

I've been looking for a solid 12v pump for my Zodiac FC470 as long as I've owned it. My wife recently bought this pump made by Coleman. It's called the "Coleman DC 12 Volt Inflate-All Pump". Product description below.

From Coleman's website:

"Quickly inflate or deflate just about any inflatable anywhere with the Coleman® Inflate-All™ with 12 volt car adaptor compressed air pump. Between the two high-volume hoses, you're sure to find the nozzle you need, including sizes for Coleman® Double Lock™ valves, Boston valves, pinch valves, needle valves and Shrader (tire) valves. This compressor is a vital part of any mobile emergency kit. Its 12-volt outlet allows you to power it from a vehicle, and the built-in spotlight illuminates work areas on dark nights.

Fast inflation and deflation for nearly any valve
High-volume flexible hose fits Coleman® Double Lock™ Valves, Boston valves and pinch valves
High-volume retractable hose fits needle valves and Shrader (tire) valves
Powerful pump inflates to 165 PSI
Hinged storage compartment to store high-pressure hose
12-volt plug with 11.6 ft. (2.95 m) cord powers the pump from vehicle outlets
Front spotlight to illuminate work areas at night"

Now, if you're using it for tires or anything else using the standard inflator needle, then you set the digital gauge to the correct inflation pressure.

However, if you're using the high volume connection (which is what you would use for your inflatable) you must monitor the pressure. The digital pressure gauge will not display pressure for this output. BUT, this thing will honestly keep on going until your boat is rock hard. I just inflated my Zodiac FC470 to its maximum pressure in roughly 15 mins. It wasn't empty prior to inflating, but it was low enough to have waves and slight folds in it.

If you're like me, you'd probably also like to have a dependable way to fill your inflatable boat, countless times, that doesn't break the bank. This thing is the answer for only $49.99 MSRP. You can find them on Amazon closer to $30.00.

Consider me stoked!

Here's the amazon link: Amazon.com: Coleman DC 12 Volt Inflate-All Pump: Sports & Outdoors

Here's the coleman link: Coleman - DC 12 Volt Inflate-All Compressed Air Pump

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon.png
Views:	312
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	92312  
Old 19 March 2014, 01:39   #2

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
Thanks for the heads up. Doesn't look to have good reviews though. Of course only people with problems generally post. Let us how it goes.

I've been looking for a 12v pump for onboard and that or the O'Brien ones look affordable. I just hate that they are all made of plastic, can't somebody make a nice quality one?
Old 19 March 2014, 01:45   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtalljv View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Doesn't look to have good reviews though. Of course only people with problems generally post. Let us know how it goes.

I've been looking for a 12v pump for onboard and that or the O'Brien ones look affordable. I just hate that they are all made of plastic, can't somebody make a nice quality one?
I'll let you know how it holds up, I was floored when I hooked it up tonight and watched as the craft inflated to its maximum pressure in front of me. I had been planning on buying the one that West Marine sells for $99.99, but this thing does the trick for half the price! So I can personally attest that it works. Most people complaining about products either don't take care of them, or don't know how to operate them properly.

I have a scuba tank that I had been using up until this point. Now, I'll simply keep that in the boat and only top it off after launching it. Instead of emptying it just to be able to get on the water!
Old 19 March 2014, 13:21   #4

Town: New Jersey
Make: 733
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yanmar
I'll have to try one. The bravo 12s are $200 and don't seem to be too reliable. Might be better to go cheap and replace it when it breaks
Old 19 March 2014, 13:55   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gstnj View Post
I'll have to try one. The bravo 12s are $200 and don't seem to be too reliable. Might be better to go cheap and replace it when it breaks
Exactly! That's what I did here. It's worth it.
Old 19 March 2014, 15:25   #6

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gstnj View Post
I have one of the older Bravo 12's mounted in my console. Been working fine for the past 5 or 6 years (of course now that I mentioned it, it'll probably die the next time I use it.)

jky
Old 20 March 2014, 15:13   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyasaki View Post
I have one of the older Bravo 12's mounted in my console. Been working fine for the past 5 or 6 years (of course now that I mentioned it, it'll probably die the next time I use it.)

jky
Ha! Let's hope not.