Hi all -
I am new to ribbing and to this forum. Just bought a 15' 1994 Novurania off Craigslist for US$3,500. I know I was taking a chance but at that price, I was willing to take the risk.
I plan to get it back in shipshape (hate to use the term "restore"). This is the condition that it is in as I bought it -
- seems to be holding air
- 3 or 4 sizable patches, some of the edges are peeling off a bit
- a couple of the seam tapes are peeling off or missing
- no minor chip or cracks
- some minor scrapes on the bottom
- no rips in fabrics
- it has a 2-stroke, 90HP OMC jet drive. Funny thing is that this "seems" to be a replacement - being that some of the fiberglass around the engine bay has been "chipped/filed off" to accommodate the motor (like the motor is a wee bit too large). Cannot believe that it comes out of the factory like that?
- i plugged in a water hose and ran the motor, it seems to run OK, yet to see how it does on the water
- bilge seems dry and relatively clean (for as old as it is)
- some small barnacles stuck to some of the metal parts (e.g. jet diverter)
- fuel filter has a "1995" date written on it by a sharpie :P
- the functions work sporatically, meaning that they would work sometimes and not sometimes. Like, for example, the deck lights would come on with a delay of a second :P
Anyway, here are some pictures and I will keep posting new ones as I get something done. I am sure I will need lots of advices