Old 12 November 2009, 03:19   #1

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
The lure of the boat deal...

Everyone loves a good deal, for some it is salvation, for some of us a curse... I'm not sure which holds true in my case but I still can't stop looking... Perusing the local rag one recent evening my eyes spied an irresistable ad: Boat parts $1.00... So I look at the pics and continue to read: 17 ft boat for sale parts only, storm damaged, boat, motor and trailer call for info... What tha heck? Is that a Grady White ctr. console? Suzuki Motor? On a trailer? What's wrong with it? So I call the guy and what do I find out? He's a junk dealer, someone called him up and GAVE him the boat, he knows nothing about boats but wants to sell it for parts. What exactly do you have? 1991 Grady White Ctr. console with hull damage on a galvanized shorelander trailer with a 1995 Suzuki 140 hp outboard with a smashed engine hood. It has a broken stringer... This is just waaaay too tempting for the boat lover in me, I've got to go check it out. And check it out I did, coming to some verrrry interesting conclusions... No broken stringer... some topside damage... needs a windshield, so what? parts boat? definitely not. SO... fifteen hundred dollars and three days later I'm taking it out on the big lake and here is a couple pics of one of the best buys
I've ever made...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phpCCWE42PM-1.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	47416   Click image for larger version

Name:	phpaWuiroPM.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	47417  
Old 12 November 2009, 07:08   #2

Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
fifteen hundred dollars and three days later I'm taking it out on the big lake and here is a couple pics of one of the best buys
I've ever made...
Great deal,how much of the 1500 was spent on the boat or did it all go to our in the dark friend?
Old 12 November 2009, 16:25   #3

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Nice, Pat!

jky
Old 13 November 2009, 06:19   #4

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
The boat looks great - nice deal!!!
Old 15 November 2009, 02:25   #5

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Boat deal

I know it's not a rib but there isn't usually a lot going on boatwise this time of year so I put it up. My buddy bought this Grady White from me after we took it out on Lake Erie. It needs a little work but really nothing major. Just an example of dumb luck, finding it, me being in the right place at the right time. I still can't believe the original owner decided to junk this boat, they really are well built little ctr. consoles. All it really needs is some minor repairs and a good clean up. Apparently the storage building it was in last winter collapsed on top of it at a local boat yard from excessive snowfall. The owner decided to dump it most likely after collecting insurance and called the person I purchased it from. I toyed with the idea of keeping it but I am already a three boat owner and am trying to rid myself of a cruiser I own. Joe (guy in one of the pics) is really happy with the purchase so it worked out well for everybody. Especially so for the Junk dealer, He made 1500 bucks in 24 hrs..