Old 22 July 2007, 13:51   #1

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
source for aluminum?

I will be driving this week from Iowa to Annapolis to pick up some outboard motors and would like to avoid shipping costs for some sheet aluminum (5052 or 5086, 5/16" or 3/8") by picking some up along the way - does anyone know of an aluminum retailer along my route (Peoria, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Annapolis...) that might stock this spec? Or, does anyone have any leftover materials like this they want to sell? I need less than a 4'x8' sheet....

also, I will be towing a 20' flatbed so if anyone needs something transported along this route I would be happy to help if I can (no charge if not out of the way)......thanks.
bryan
Old 23 July 2007, 03:02   #2

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
I will be driving this week from Iowa to Annapolis to pick up some outboard motors and would like to avoid shipping costs for some sheet aluminum (5052 or 5086, 5/16" or 3/8") by picking some up along the way - does anyone know of an aluminum retailer along my route (Peoria, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Annapolis...) that might stock this spec? Or, does anyone have any leftover materials like this they want to sell? I need less than a 4'x8' sheet....

also, I will be towing a 20' flatbed so if anyone needs something transported along this route I would be happy to help if I can (no charge if not out of the way)......thanks.
bryan
my scrap guy is good but I am not sure it would be worth while as Cleveland is off your intended route. I was in Columbus Friday and Saturday, wish I would have known you were traveling, probably could have worked something out...
Old 23 July 2007, 11:49   #3

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't mind the added miles if I could also have a look at your boat! Do you think your source might have what I'm looking for - I would probably stop on the return...most likely Friday?
bryan
Old 25 July 2007, 02:23   #4

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
re metal

I can try and check tomorrow morning with Steve-o as I call him, if you respond back by tomorrow morning I can see what he has and how much he wants for it. Let me know what alloy, preferred thickness and what size sheets and how many you need. I am not sure if they have any over there or not since I am basically finished with the boat and have not needed any material. They had been scrapping alot of aluminum but usually they keep sheets when they get them. Pat
The boat is up at Catawba unfortunately, I live in suburbs south of Cleveland and it (the boat) is about 70 miles west of here.