Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBnet North America
Click Here to Login

Old 05 June 2007, 00:24   #61

Town: barrington nh
Make: HBI
Length: 5m +
Engine: evinrude 115 hp
Sorry to hear you can not make it dctucker. I will be there but my wife's brother from Georgia is coming in so she might be occupied to. My dive partner in crime is seeing if he can make it if he can get out of work. Weather looks good at the moment, fingers cross.
Old 06 June 2007, 21:41   #62

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
Hello, just wondering how everyone is looking for the trip, My patching is done and now I just need a few thinks to be ready, Hooking up the gps and a couple of other minor things. I am going to try to take it out this fri to see how she runs, its been since last year that she was in the water. I few spots to calk and I should be ready,
Its too bad that dctucker cant make the trip. Has anyone done this trip before and know the waters? How many boats do we have going, just trying to confirm everything. Im looking forward to seeing the ribcraft factory also. Everyone that is definately going give a quick reply if you can.
Old 07 June 2007, 01:55   #63

Town: Windsor CT
Boat name: Blue Moon
Make: ribcraft 6.5
Engine: 150 hp honda
MMSI: 338051172
ribathon

Hi all,

My boat, wife & I are all ready for Saturday. We plan on leaving CT at 5:00-5:30 am to arrive in Marblehead 8:00-8:30 am. The boats has been in 3-4 times and is all set and the gas tank is full (ouch). Are we planning on stopping for lunch? Perhaps in Glochester?

I also thought it would be handy to exchange cell numbers so if someone is delayed getting in we can accomidate.

That said, see you Saturday.

Bill
Old 07 June 2007, 02:16   #64

My cell is 603-534-3824. see you all saturday
Old 07 June 2007, 02:20   #65

Mine is 860-726-3551.

Bill
Old 07 June 2007, 03:03   #66

Thats good to hear, I plan on being there also, Im glad there is another wife going, Im hopeing my wife will come along also with me and my son. I believe I can make it there in just over an hour and a half, Looking to leave a little after 6. Im spending the next couple of mornings on nothing else other than getting the boat all set. I guess we will be meeting at a ramp right next to Ribcraft, I saw they will have breakfast waiting for us. Perhaps we can get a good idea of when we must be in the water and out from someone who knows the area. Im hopeing the weather will be perfect:
Old 07 June 2007, 03:06   #67

Rib fan, How are you going to get to the trip. Up 95 or the mass pike. If your comeing up 95 maybe we can meet for the ride up? I havent looked for the directions yet and am not sure where windsor is but from a quick glance on a map it looks like Im going to go 95N around boston all the way, Ill figure that out soon though........
Old 07 June 2007, 09:37   #68

Town: Marblehead
Boat name: Calypso
Make: Protector 28
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2x Verado 225
Game On

All system operational here.

High tide is at 6:12am, so I think you want to arrive at the Riverhead Beach ramp by 8:30. If you want help at the ramp, call me on my cell and I'll meet you. If you miss the window, I can show you where the all-tide ramps are.

My wife and 2/3 of the kids are still on the fence. (30% of passing showers?). They'll at least give us a send-off from tucker's wharf, and consume some donuts.

I've never done the Annisquam, but have decent local knowledge of Marblehead to Gloucester. North of that I have to rely on a chart and a guidebook. I do not know of any restaurants we can tie up to for lunch though. I imagine there have to be some in Rockport or Gloucester, but searches online came up empty. We should all pack snacks just in case.

Mike Piper
617-314-1160 (c)
Old 07 June 2007, 13:30   #69

learning to fly

Usually when I travel to Marblehead I take rt 84 to the Mass Pike, then pick up rt 128 going towards Waltham. That brings you right into Salem then to Marblehead.

Bill
Old 07 June 2007, 15:31   #70

Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Hello, just wondering how everyone is looking for the trip, My patching is done and now I just need a few thinks to be ready, Hooking up the gps and a couple of other minor things. I am going to try to take it out this fri to see how she runs, its been since last year that she was in the water. I few spots to calk and I should be ready,
Its too bad that dctucker cant make the trip. Has anyone done this trip before and know the waters? How many boats do we have going, just trying to confirm everything. Im looking forward to seeing the ribcraft factory also. Everyone that is definately going give a quick reply if you can.
If you know how to get to the ramp near Ribcraft by Marblehead Lobster, that's an all tide ramp. It's a bit tough to find, with narrow, winding, 1 way streets to get there... The easy to find ramp is at Riverhead Beach, on the Causeway to Marblehead Neck. Ocean Ave is the street that leads to it, will be on your left as soon as you start to see water. Plenty of parking for trailers & tow vehicles there, which is not the case at the Lobster Co ramp.

As far as I can tell, there should be at least boat, maybe 5?

I'm really disappointed to not be there, but anything related to my wife's Paralympic campaign takes precedence over darn near everything else! Not to mention the fact that my boat is still in FL!

Dan
Old 07 June 2007, 22:45   #71

what we really need to know

Dctucker, Where Do We Eat Lunch????
Old 08 June 2007, 00:45   #72

hello,looks like plan is to meet at riverhead beach ramp. From here are we going to motor over to ribcraft? I do not know where they are and will not even waste my time looking for the ramp near them, Ill stick to the easy ones. I will be at the ramp by 830 ready to launch. I have a gps with a chip for the area so If I read my book and learn how to use it that should help us for the ride. Anyone notice the weather forcast? Looking forward to a good ride with everyone
scott
401 699 1888 cell
Old 08 June 2007, 00:51   #73

when I was mapquesting directions I was given directions that went through bosto, Id rather not go through the city and will probally look to take 128 around, does anyone have the directions from 128 to marblehead ramp. thought this would be easier thasn going through down town
Old 08 June 2007, 00:51   #74

Forecast no seas but t-showers. Means no one in our way Meet you all at the riverhead launch.
Old 08 June 2007, 04:53   #75

Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
For lunch, I figured we'd find a dock in either Gloucester or Rockport and would likely find a restaurant within walking distance. Alternative is to have lunch at the Landing (pub) back in Marblehead.

From the ramp on the beach, follow the left side of the harbor as you head out. You'll pass the Boston Yacht Club, and then not too long after that, you'll see a series of nice, new docks parallel to the shore. There will likely be a Harbormaster boat tied up at one of them. Those are the docks to gather at. If you go past it, you'll see a couple of perpendicular docks, including fuel, and a big building with a huge crane at Marblehead Trading Company. The crane is quire visible, and is just ~200-250 yards past the town docks.

Has everyone found the driving directions they need to get to the ramp?

From Rt 128, take the exit for route 114 in Peabody, towards Salem. Follow the signs for 114, with all its twists and turns, past Salem State College, continuing into Marblehead. Rt 114 ends at the Fire Station in Marblehead, at a traffic light, which is the corner of Ocean Ave. Turn right onto Ocean Ave, go through 1 more light. You'll see Fair Winds Outboard on your right. Immediately after that, across the street, turn into a dirt lot. There will probably still be a few docks stacked up there. That's Riverhead Beach where the ramp is. Across the street is a beach dining shack called Lime Rickey's. There are toilet's in the lot at the restuarant. Don't dawdle, as the water goes away quickly and it becomes a long mud flat out to water. There are also public restrooms at the Harbormaster's Office at the dock.

Going through Boston is no big deal, I've done it countless times with big sailboat trailers, and it's quicker than 128.
Old 08 June 2007, 13:51   #76

weather

Hi all,

Has anyone looked at the weather forcast? From what I can see, they are saying 63 for a high, 60% for showers and or thunderstorms. I know for the Brits out there, that may sound like a good ribbing day, but----.

Any thoughts.

Bill
Old 08 June 2007, 16:43   #77

I saw the same forcast, not the best weather, I took my boat out today and heard an alarm going off everytime I accelerated hard, It ran fine and I only heard the alarm when accelerating hard, There was no skipping in the engine or anything. If I accelerated easily I could get up to full speed fine without any alarm going off, I have to look at my book or ask in the forums for help, Plus with the weather I am thinking of missing the ride. My wife wouldnt want to go in nasty weather either. Unles I find something out about my motor soon Ill have to miss it
Old 08 June 2007, 17:30   #78

Town: Marblehead
Boat name: Calypso
Make: Protector 28
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2x Verado 225
ltf - is it definitely an engine alarm? I only ask because I had a quieter beeping every time I accelerated. By turning off various electronics, was able to isolate it that it's coming from the VHF. Some kind of electrical interference at higher rpm.

weather wise it doesn't look great, although the forecasters have been very wrong lately. I'm local, so it's easy for me to say I'm in. Sunday does look better weather wise. As I'm having a hard time finding crew for the regatta on sunday, I might be able to do the Rib rally if we had to postpone.
Old 08 June 2007, 17:49   #79

it could be something like that, The engine didnt miss beep, ran great thats why I didnt know what it could be. I do have a vhf on the boat and something like that could be it. Why would it beep only when you accelerate? Sunday weather doeas look better than sat and if I took it out tomorrow and found out what the beep is from I would gladly go on Sunday> lets see what others think
Old 08 June 2007, 18:10   #80

the weather does look better for sunday so i am game. I have wanted to take mine out all week to make sure everything I worked on works. But then again they say if you go fast enough you will not get wet or hit by lightning ( i am not sure who they are)