Old 20 December 2007, 19:27   #1

Length: 5m +
ribcraft usa prices?

just curious as to what the differences in prices are between ribcraft uk and usa. I am interested in a 4.8m with a 75hp etec for skiing and coastal sea travel (vancouver island). I am wondering what to expect price wise. i would think around 20k US with trailer. Am i off base? thanks
Old 20 December 2007, 19:34   #2

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
If you go the the ribcraft USA website they have a "build your rib" feature were you can fill in your requirements and they will E mail you back a quote.
Contact is Adam Moore, a nice guy and very helpfull. I think you are low on the 20k US. though.
Hope this hlps
Old 20 December 2007, 20:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
If you go the the ribcraft USA website they have a "build your rib" feature were you can fill in your requirements and they will E mail you back a quote.
Contact is Adam Moore, a nice guy and very helpfull. I think you are low on the 20k US. though.
Hope this hlps
thank you i did not see that. i think i am low also but perhaps it can be done with minimal options
Old 20 December 2007, 20:26   #4

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
As a guide...

The University spent just under £14k on a very well spec'd 4.8 with Mariner 60 4 stroke 2 years ago, not that that really helps you much!
Old 21 December 2007, 00:51   #5

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamDJ View Post
thank you i did not see that. i think i am low also but perhaps it can be done with minimal options
Yes, mimimise the options as you are not only going to pay the retail price for them but pay mucho $'s for the rigging. If you can do your own rigging then spec. a basic boat + the items you are not comfortable doing yourself.
This approach will bring the price way down.
Regards, T.
Old 21 December 2007, 04:02   #6

Town: San Diego.California
Boat name: Bayshots
Make: XS-550
Engine: Suzuki DF90
Adam,
I got pricing from Ribcraft USA in 2004 when I was looking for my boat.
The packages were quite high and as said, you can save some dollars getting the base boat and rigging yourself(or use a local company)
Back in 2004 the base 4.8 boat was $12,000 .(with console and single pod seat)
From there, every add on really ballooned the cost. Example 18 gall tank $665
nav lights $350 ,extra bench seat $1,300. etc etc

The engine was going to set you back around $6,000 plus $1,500 to rig it.
Also about a thousand for basic electrics and gauges
Throw in the trailer for another $1500 and the price is getting up there.

What finaly put me off was the $3000 plus shipping cost to San Diego.

I managed to get a Suzuki DF90 localy ,that had been on display and had a few scratches, for a great price.The same dealer did me a deal on rigging it.
Most of the other stuff I did myself after buying a "boat only package" from another company.

So good luck and hope you find a good deal
cheers Dal
Old 22 December 2007, 09:45   #7

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
just curious as to what the differences in prices are between ribcraft uk and usa. I am interested in a 4.8m with a 75hp etec for skiing and coastal sea travel (vancouver island). I am wondering what to expect price wise. i would think around 20k US with trailer. Am i off base? thanks
Have you checked with your local builders? There's a few RIB manufacturers in your neck of the woods (Sidney, Langley, etc.)

Polaris build fiberglass RIB's that I'm sure would be cheaper than the aluminum hulls they specialize in, but I don't know how they price out. Might be worth a phone call.

jky
Old 23 December 2007, 00:13   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeydal View Post
Adam,
I got pricing from Ribcraft USA in 2004 when I was looking for my boat.
The packages were quite high and as said, you can save some dollars getting the base boat and rigging yourself(or use a local company)
Back in 2004 the base 4.8 boat was $12,000 .(with console and single pod seat)
From there, every add on really ballooned the cost. Example 18 gall tank $665
nav lights $350 ,extra bench seat $1,300. etc etc

The engine was going to set you back around $6,000 plus $1,500 to rig it.
Also about a thousand for basic electrics and gauges
Throw in the trailer for another $1500 and the price is getting up there.

What finaly put me off was the $3000 plus shipping cost to San Diego.

I managed to get a Suzuki DF90 localy ,that had been on display and had a few scratches, for a great price.The same dealer did me a deal on rigging it.
Most of the other stuff I did myself after buying a "boat only package" from another company.

So good luck and hope you find a good deal
cheers Dal
Thanks for the info.

I did a price quote and the base price has now gone up to $16,000 for the 4.8 which is very expensive. As well, all the options have also gone up 25% from the prices you quoted above. I am assuming this means they are flexible on their prices, or I am hoping so, but it is still expensive. It's just a shame to have to pay so much for options. $1100 for a pod seat???? $995 for in tank fuel??? It seems like it's unrealistic to even think about keeping it under $30,000 all inclusive now... for a 15' RIB.... total price quote was $22,000+ without an engine.
Old 23 December 2007, 00:16   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyasaki View Post
Have you checked with your local builders? There's a few RIB manufacturers in your neck of the woods (Sidney, Langley, etc.)

Polaris build fiberglass RIB's that I'm sure would be cheaper than the aluminum hulls they specialize in, but I don't know how they price out. Might be worth a phone call.

jky
Hi there,

I have e-mailed Polaris but I have heard they are very expensive. Someone told me on here they paid $46,000 US for an 18' RIB. Granted, it had all the options and was aluminum ($$) but still, $46,000 is incredibly overpriced
Old 23 December 2007, 05:09   #10

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Hi there,

I have e-mailed Polaris but I have heard they are very expensive. Someone told me on here they paid $46,000 US for an 18' RIB. Granted, it had all the options and was aluminum ($$) but still, $46,000 is incredibly overpriced
Sounds familiar.

Overpriced? I suppose it depends on how you look at it. The boat will most likely be around when they plant me.

Still and all, you're looking at top class builders. You're not going to find (most likely) bargain basement prices.

But, I'd give Guy a call and have a chat. Since his boats are all built to order, you can spec what you need and leave off what you can do without (or can do yourself.) Every little bit helps. You may be able to find a used RIB around as well (and most Polaris owners let Guy know they're selling so he can offer them around as well.)

jky
Old 23 December 2007, 07:32   #11

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Adam,

I am looking at a retail price list that I had picked up from Polaris that is dated August 2003. Hopefully it could give you some idea:

Their aluminum hulled "Spirit" RIBS had the following base prices (CDN);

15'6" (4.75m) $ 9,950.00 (for optional full deck add $ 1,500.00)

16'6" wide body $ 12,950.00 (for optional full deck add $ 1,800.00)

Their 16'6" fiberglass hulled "Seamaster" RIB had a base price of $ 10,100.00 CDN. (To upgrade it to Approved Emergency add $ 1,600.00)

Hope that is helpful, but like John said, have a chat with Guy - he's top notch.
Old 24 December 2007, 05:51   #12

Town: Fairbanks
Boat name: Medved
Make: Solar
Engine: 50 Tohatsu
MMSI: 007
21', 2 yrs ago

My 21' alum, from Ribcraftusa, ran about $50K w/ t-top and a 150 Honda, 2 pod seats and heavy-duty (1200 dtx?) tubes, 3/16" hull. Nothing real fancy. Polaris was a tad more, but a narrower boat, and 1/4" hull. The other folks, like Safeboat (Seattle?) were even more, though that Safeboat is a beast and comes w/ a lot of goodies. If I were you, I'd look real carefully at whatever hulls Ribcraft has around, and make sure they build exactly what you order. I had a few "issues" w/ what was shipped to me (4800 miles), like "Where am I supposed to put a kicker motor?". And, get a firm commitment on the delivery date. Period. I would not accept anything less than "If it ain't here by when you say it will be, what do I get compensated PER DAY/WEEK/MONTH?" They were beyond horrible w/ my delivery date; long story. Nice guys, but not real well organized then. Perhaps now they have the kinks worked out???? But I'll say this; the boat seems to be one tough cookie.