Old 22 November 2006, 03:50   #41

Town: DeCourcy Island, BC
Boat name: Nautica
Make: Nautica
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F115
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie View Post
If and when I get a rib, perhaps I can talk you into making a trip from Vancouver to Prince Rupert or Ketchikan. Have spent months planning (and dreaming). I'll even invite our freinds across the pond.
Hey Smokie,

I actually might be up for that sometime. I've been up to Knights inlet about 10 years ago from Seattle. That is about 1/2 way there. There is only the one open spot to worry about, but with the range of these things I don't see it being an issue at all!

-DeCourcy
Old 22 November 2006, 03:53   #42

Town: DeCourcy Island, BC
Boat name: Nautica
Make: Nautica
Engine: Yamaha F115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyasaki View Post
Hey! A local guy!

I'm over in Oakland, but do most of my boating in Monterey (better diving; or rather, there *is* diving there.)

Nice to meet you, and congrats on the boat.

john (jky)
Thanks JKY,
Been offline a while, so I'm just catching up. I am going to get into sailing in the bay again. I think I'm going to join Spinnaker in SF. I need to get my formal qual's for bareboating. I do see some cool ribs hanging near the big boat racers (manning turn buoy's etc...). Last fleet week, I saw a very cool fully enclosed rib about 30' feet long (blue tubes, grey cabin).
See you out there.
-DeCourcy
Old 22 November 2006, 16:44   #43

Town: Novato
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4
Engine: Yamaha 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCourcy View Post
Hey Smokie,

I actually might be up for that sometime. I've been up to Knights inlet about 10 years ago from Seattle...

-DeCourcy
Great DeCourcy!

Thats two of use to scare off the grizzlies and wolves.
Old 25 November 2006, 22:20   #44

Town: Cleveland
Make: Nautica Widebody 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 225 4 stroke
Send a message via Yahoo to enwulff
Ribster in Cleveland

Hey all. I have a Nautica Widebody 22' with a Yamaha 225 4 stroke. It is a fun fast boat that I got as a personal boat but have now turned it into a side business where I charter my boat out for use mainly at sailing events. My website is www.rib4charter.com .

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0202_resize.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	23412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rib4Charter.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	23413  
Attached Images

Old 26 November 2006, 02:12   #45

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by enwulff View Post
Hey all. I have a Nautica Widebody 22' with a Yamaha 225 4 stroke. It is a fun fast boat that I got as a personal boat but have now turned it into a side business where I charter my boat out for use mainly at sailing events. My website is www.rib4charter.com .

Eric
Hello and welcome to the Forum Enwulff, nice Nautica you have there! I had a 22 Nautica I bought back in 96, loved the boat! Had a buck fifty yamaha on it and enjoyed it very much until it (and I) got t- boned by a Cigarette back in July 97. A good friend of mine has a 22 with twin 115 Mercs on it so I still get out on one from time to time. Your boat looks good with the top...
Old 26 November 2006, 02:16   #46

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
You were lucky - smoking kills....
Old 26 November 2006, 02:48   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
You were lucky - smoking kills....
And how!!
Old 27 November 2006, 17:52   #48

Town: Cleveland
Make: Nautica Widebody 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 225 4 stroke
Send a message via Yahoo to enwulff
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
Hello and welcome to the Forum Enwulff, nice Nautica you have there! I had a 22 Nautica I bought back in 96, loved the boat! Had a buck fifty yamaha on it and enjoyed it very much until it (and I) got t- boned by a Cigarette back in July 97. A good friend of mine has a 22 with twin 115 Mercs on it so I still get out on one from time to time. Your boat looks good with the top...
Thanks, wasn't sure about the top. I got the boat direct from nautica as a demo at a good price. But when you are out on the water it is great as it does provide great sun and raid protection. I think I am going to get a skirt/windscreen made for the centerconsole so I can have some protection in the cold. I think I saw a pic of your RIB in this thread earlier. Don't you have the yellow one? I have another body of mine who has an Apex A-24 with a 225 Yamaha 2 stroke. It is pretty damm fast. He has had it up to over 60 mph. We will all have to meet up in Cleveland this summer some time.
Old 29 November 2006, 01:09   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by enwulff View Post
Thanks, wasn't sure about the top. I got the boat direct from nautica as a demo at a good price. But when you are out on the water it is great as it does provide great sun and raid protection. I think I am going to get a skirt/windscreen made for the centerconsole so I can have some protection in the cold. I think I saw a pic of your RIB in this thread earlier. Don't you have the yellow one? I have another body of mine who has an Apex A-24 with a 225 Yamaha 2 stroke. It is pretty damm fast. He has had it up to over 60 mph. We will all have to meet up in Cleveland this summer some time.
Yeah, I have the yellow one, not pretty like yours but it cuts through waves like a lawnmower thru grass. Who did you deal with at Nautica on your boat? I know Debbie (Young) and Franco Jr. very well, bought about six or seven boats from them over the years, very nice people, knew Senior well too before he passed, a very interesting guy I liked and admired very much, boy did he love ribs, and building them! Took a lot of test rides on Nauticas over the years in Miami, hopefully there are a few more ahead of me...
I dock my boat on Catawba Island, I could run it down to Cleveland sometime...
Old 06 December 2006, 00:40   #50

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
Pat Hallaran, from the Cleveland Ohio area, pic of my boat War Machine....
Hey Pat, I just noticed that you had to put your "Blue" down to take this picture? You need one of these helmets...

Were you visiting Canada or is that the "import" version of "Blue"?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dscn1972.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	23589   Click image for larger version

Name:	beerhelmet.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	23590  

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 December 2006, 01:54   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Across the Pond View Post
Just getting my 15' AB RIB ready. Here's a shot from the dealer's shop.

Plan to use the boat from cruising, fishing, and pulling a wake board from time to time. Located in SW Florida not 20 minutes to great access to Tampa Bay and the Gulf. Like the concept of a lightweight (aluminum hull) boat for trailering and launching. Any ideas on the best prop? Have a 11 x 14 now that pushes about 32 mph with slippage.
-Paul
Manufacturer should be able to point you in the right direction as to a prop, yamaha also has a website with performance bulletins (boats,props) generally applying to larger boats, they may have some good insight: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard.../perfbull.aspx
Old 06 December 2006, 02:04   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Hey Pat, I just noticed that you had to put your "Blue" down to take this picture? You need one of these helmets...

Were you visiting Canada or is that the "import" version of "Blue"?
It was the "import" version Stoo, but it is all good, no... not good, REALLY good beer!! Always thought Labatt was a cut above the rest and I'm not just saying that, Molson too for that matter... Think you could teach our Brit friends how to wear one of those with two blues in it? Been there, done that, at Put-in-Bay though it has been some years since I wore one. Lessons learned and all that....
Old 06 December 2006, 02:27   #53

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
And to think that Labatt's Blue was named after the Winnipeg Blue Bombers football club (had to mention that, we just won't mention their record these past 20 years).
Old 06 December 2006, 17:59   #54

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Across the Pond View Post
Any ideas on the best prop? Have a 11 x 14 now that pushes about 32 mph with slippage.
Prop should be chosen to hit the upper part of the manufacturers WOT rpm range with a "normal" load, with the motor trimmed out to just before ventilating.

Kind of a black art to get things "perfect", all in all, but you'll be pretty close by just doing that.

jky
Old 20 January 2007, 00:30   #55

Town: longview
Boat name: jon b jolly
Make: bombard
Engine: etec 50
well i might as well make this thread my first appearance here at ribnet.. got my first rib in august of '05. WHAT A DAMN BLAST!!!!

as columbiachop knows, the river around here can be quite a handful current/tides and wind plus debris can really spice it up hehehe

anyway... hi to you all!

here's a couple of pics from trip up to vancouver island last year they were taken out in the nootka sound where capt cook first sailed in, beautiful scenery and some of the best people anywhere!!! me, my girl, the boat, my scout what else does a feller need!?!?

porter
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	022_21A.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24374   Click image for larger version

Name:	026_25A.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24375   Click image for larger version

Name:	032_4A.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	24376   Click image for larger version

Name:	040_12A.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	24377  
Old 20 January 2007, 04:43   #56

Town: Pacific NW
Make: zodiac pro 420
Engine: Tiller 25 yamaha
hey there Portoflongview.

just saw your post. it's good to know i'm not the only one out here with a "blow up boat".

my brother said he saw a rib running along side hwy 4. i thought it must have been a mirage.

i've only seen a couple out here, ever.

i keep my boats in skamokawa.

andy
Old 20 January 2007, 23:24   #57

Town: St Joseph, Michigan
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Merc outboard
I don't have a picture yet but my first RIB is less than a week away from being finished. It's a Zodiac Pro 12 with the jockey console, light bar and Merc 60. It's use is to be primarily for diving in Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.

The dealer seems to think I may be able to take it out for a diving spin next weekend - I don't know if I or my diving buddies are more excited!!

Bob
Old 20 January 2007, 23:57   #58

hi there columbiachop
well i would have to say that it was probably me... yeah i've only seen a zodiac sib by stella.. no ribs 'cept for that new hurricane with the twins on back..

skamokowa huh.. i've put in at that little launch right before town... now there's a spot where the river can definately lash out at ya!!
i usually put in at the coal creek launch and show up on the rvier at stella then head down to cape horn and ride the rollers as the tide starts to rip there's also a couple of nice little beaches to pull up on and watch the big ships go by.

hey where is that little rock island that you took a pic of??

btw i guess were going to do all we can to stop that bradford landing fiasco from getting built or we're going to be seeing alot more hurricanes with 50 cals running around not to mention river closures when those ocean going nuclear bombs come upstream!!

hey bob congrats you're going to love it!
Old 21 January 2007, 01:32   #59

Town: Pacific NW
Make: zodiac pro 420
Engine: Tiller 25 yamaha
portoflongview,

that picture in front of the rock was taken in altuna, just up the road. i have friends with a house there i just take my boat from my dock up to theirs. it's pretty fun.

that LNG (liquid natural gas?) plant is gonna change alot of things around there.

bob, post pics of that zodiac pro12 when you can, i'm curious about how you like it.
Old 21 January 2007, 05:54   #60

yeah i knew that looked familiar.. i've been down there.. i could see the megler bridge in the back ground but i just couldn't place it.

you must have one of those houses right there by the bridge, no?

and yup liquid natural gas.. can you believe that when/if one of those ships comes up to offload that all shipping will be closed at least seven hours!?! this whole thing is crazy.