Old 13 August 2007, 13:00   #1

Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
Newport, RI August 25

LTF and I have been having a little chat in another thread about another Naragansett Bay gathering while I'm down in Newport coaching my wife for a Paralympic Training regatta in a couple of weeks.

Most likely, the only day I'll have "off" from my coaching duties will be Saturday 8/25. I arrive on 8/21. I won't have much (if any) access to rib.net after I leave home, but you can email me at "dctucker at comcast.net". I get mail on my PDA. I'll be in Newport, Bretton Cove to be precise, at the Shake-A-Leg docks just beside the Sail Newport hoists. During the days, I'll be on the water just outside the harbor every day 8/22 to 8/30, mostly between Rose & Goat Islands chasing these around:

Particularly USA 22. That's my wife in the front seat of USA 003. She's now sailing with a new teammate in a new boat.

I'd like to do something with you all on that Saturday, but not an all day thing. I'm probably going to want to get OFF the water with the wife and kids for a bit!! We'll be living in rather close quarters on our 25' sailboat "Winsome" moored just off the Sail Newport/Shake pier. 2 adults, 2 kids (7 & 1.75 y.o.) in a small boat for 9 nights.

Maybe a 9:00 or 10:00 gathering? In or close to Newport? At our boat?? Or the Alofsin Docks (the pen) in Newport near Fort Adams? Go somewhere for lunch up the Bay? I'll mostly be lunching on Cliff Bars and fruit all week so somewhere we could grab a burger, lobster roll, fish sandwich or something would be most appealing to me!
Old 21 August 2007, 10:52   #2

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
will see what sat looks like, maybe Ill get out to look for you in Newport. It would be fun to go for a ride and get a bit to eat. Ill email you at the givin address and send you my #
scott
Old 21 August 2007, 12:51   #3

Town: Windsor CT
Boat name: Blue Moon
Make: ribcraft 6.5
Engine: 150 hp honda
MMSI: 338051172
Hi all,

Hope all is well. Unfortunatly, the 25th doesn't work for me. Any day from the 31st through the first week of Sept. could work. We would love to get together again. By the way, the Boston run last week was a good time. Challanging sea for sure, but that's why we all have ribs. Thanks again to the Ribcraft folks!

Any thoughts on a run to Block Island?

Bill

www.eclecticwonders.com uncommon art
Old 22 August 2007, 12:18   #4

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Engine: 90hp merc
possible block Island run?

perhaps we can look at labor day weekend for a cruise to block Island. We can look at the weather and go from there. I am going to talk to someone that my wife goes to church with, She owns Ballards, the hotel right at the ferry landing, I will try to get info on where we can dock and spend some time?