Old 17 December 2009, 12:59   #1

Boat name: Flubber
Length: 8m +
Newbie - US East Coast

Hi All!

Just started becoming interested in a RIB and am here to learn and possibly purchase a boat. My sister llives in England and got me started on the "RIB" idea and it has me very interested.

We have a big center console and a sailboat and (2) PWC's but might want to add to what the wife is starting to call the "fleet".

Just looking for something to run along the coast here with our 5 kids and their various and sundry friends. Safe, stable and fun.

I've just learned about Ribcraft USA and know a bit about Zodiac - any others I should consider that would have sales and support along the US East Coast? How about "T-Tops"? Jets?

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Frank
Old 17 December 2009, 14:04   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Hi Frank, welcome to RIBnet!

I've moved your post to the "RIBnet North America" section, because I think you'll probably get more specific information here which will be more useful.
Old 18 December 2009, 04:10   #3

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
Welcome to ribnet. Its nice to have another person to talk to in the us looking at ribs. There is really not a lot of places that sell good boats other than Ribcraft. Other than that you just have to look online . they do work there way around. Im sure Ribfan will be talking to you in great depth. he has a terricic ribcraft which I have had the pleasure os cruising with, he will give you any info you need on Ribcraft boats and service. Welcome and where are you located?
Old 18 December 2009, 11:52   #4

Thank you for the nice welcome.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with information - it is quiet.

We live in Manhattan but have a getaway on the Connecticut shore that we go to on weekends and vacation. We also spend time in Maine during the summer!
Old 18 December 2009, 16:41   #5

Town: Oakland CA
Hi, SDC;

Welcome;

Don't really know too much about the boat builder situation on the east coast. You've already heard about Ribcraft. There are a couple (I think) of manufacturers in Florida (Novurania, for one), and probably a few custom builders on the Gulf Coast. As far as dealers, a web search should yield a listing of local dealers and resellers of Zodiac, Avon, Apex, AB, whoever. The further south you are, I think, the easier your search will be.

If you're looking to buy new or custom, don't be afraid to look at the left coast as well (shipping will cost, but it won't be that much compared to the cost of the custom boat.)

jky
Old 18 December 2009, 20:50   #6

Town: Stamford
Boat name: Orange Crush
Make: TP Marine
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha Diesel
Send a message via Skype™ to cdilljr
Another RIB to consider

Hello Frank,

You should stop in to check on my RIBs. I work with a Dutch company and provide a wide range of RIBs to the US Market. Excellent quality and performance. It's great to see more interest in RIBs here in North America. Come on up to Connecticut and I'll take you out in one of my demo boats and show you how great a RIB is on the water. It's the perfect boat to add to your fleet.

Charlie
Old 18 December 2009, 21:15   #7
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdilljr View Post
You should stop in to check on my RIBs. I work with a Dutch company and provide a wide range of RIBs to the US Market. Excellent quality and performance
Don't forget to hold back some of that first sale money to upgrade to Trade Membership, Charlie!
Old 19 December 2009, 09:42   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyasaki View Post
Hi, SDC;

Welcome;

Don't really know too much about the boat builder situation on the east coast. You've already heard about Ribcraft. There are a couple (I think) of manufacturers in Florida (Novurania, for one), and probably a few custom builders on the Gulf Coast. As far as dealers, a web search should yield a listing of local dealers and resellers of Zodiac, Avon, Apex, AB, whoever. The further south you are, I think, the easier your search will be.

If you're looking to buy new or custom, don't be afraid to look at the left coast as well (shipping will cost, but it won't be that much compared to the cost of the custom boat.)

jky
Thanks Jyasaki - appreciated.

I've been researching and learning - I'll keep the left coast in mind but somehow paying for all that shipping seems wrong.

What boat do you have?
Old 19 December 2009, 09:48   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdilljr View Post
Hello Frank,

You should stop in to check on my RIBs. I work with a Dutch company and provide a wide range of RIBs to the US Market. Excellent quality and performance. It's great to see more interest in RIBs here in North America. Come on up to Connecticut and I'll take you out in one of my demo boats and show you how great a RIB is on the water. It's the perfect boat to add to your fleet.

Charlie
Thank you.
Old 19 December 2009, 11:54   #10

Town: birmingham
Boat name: dawnraid
Make: ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: ob 200hp
east coast

the word rib covers a very wide range of craft in size & spec .make a list of what you wont the boat to do then go to the shows ect you will nodout change your mind .
ribs are like landrovers some very hard core some much softer
befor you buy look at the build quolity
what type of seas do you wont to use it in
then ask all the questions from this furum
Old 19 December 2009, 19:17   #11

Town: Oakland CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedogcat View Post
What boat do you have?
My boat is a Polaris Inflatable Neptune aluminum hulled RIB with a Yam F115.

http://www.polarisboats.com/p/aluminum_hull/neptune.htm

There's pics up on RIBNet here somewhere (though I couldn't tell you where...)

jky