Old 26 August 2007, 20:54   #1

Town: Maryland
Length: 8m +
Looking for a Hurricane 733

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but I have been around ribs for many a year. I am glad I found some resources on the web.

Anyway, I am looking to purchase a Zodiac 733. I would prefer that the diesel still be present. I would like grey or black tubes and a grey hull (I can paint it if that is all that stands in the way). Machanicals and wiring should be in very good condition.

Please let me know if there is such an animal available out there. Since summer is almost gone, I would be willing to wait for spring, but I am getting older and I would love to get back on the water in style!

Thanks !
Old 26 August 2007, 21:48   #2

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
Hi - I'm reconditioning an ex-military 733 for resale. However, I don't think it will match your needs because I've added a hull extension to facilitate conversion from I/O to outboards (to create a small cabin/head or storage area under the console), and although the tubes are black the hull is also black. I've added a custom radar arch, re-designed the aft deck for a Stidd Special Mission seat, and plan to fabricate 4 removable jockey seats forward of the console. The electronics will be the Garmin3210 network with digital radar; Interphase Twinscope color side/forward scanning sonar; VHF; new wiring....and many more custom add ons.

I'm also working on an ex-military Willard SeaForce 730 - this one currently has a grey hull with grey tubes but I'm just about to paint the hull very light yellow. It's powered by a 315hp Cummins diesel (being rebuilt) turning a Hamilton 273 Jet.

I won't decide on a price until they're ready to go out the door (not sure when that will be...I take my time), but let me know if you have an interest and I can let you know when they're almost ready for sale.

In any case, best of luck with your search...and I'll let you know if I learn of anything you might find of interest.
bryan
Old 28 August 2007, 05:23   #3

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Good used Hurricanes are tough to find. Up here, almost all 733s are either Navy or CG boats. When they are declared surplus, they tend to be passed down to Cadet groups or CG Auxillary. When they're finished with them, I think they are generally pooched and in need of a major rebuild...

I was very fortunate to have found my little one. I had ordered new, when this one dropped out of nowhere. Fortunately, the dealer was good enough to let me know and I cancelled my order, depriving him of a new sale...

I'll keep my ears open as well. You might contact Mike Edwards at Inland Marine in Toronto... he runs a lot of Hurricanes though his shop.... Tell him Stu from Tobermory sent ya! On second thought, maybe not.. he'd likely add 30%...

http://www.inlandliferafts.com/

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2007, 06:49   #4

Town: Cowichan Bay
Boat name: Neptune
Make: Zodiac Hurricane
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin140 suzi 4stroke
Here you go... Should fit the bill. It is located in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. Just about everything you asked for.

http://www.buysell.com/root/CPG/Infl...9&aid=60196163
Old 28 August 2007, 11:30   #5

Town: Maryland
Length: 8m +
Yeah, I inquired about that one. It's a 2006 and it has a lot of work done to it to make it go. Very, very nice boat, but out of my league for sure. They do have some things in the pipeline and I am in contact with them about it.

I had the chance to buy a 733 two years ago with total rebuilt mechanicals (a cummins diesel) and a three year old tube set for $23,000.00, on a very nice trailer. I kick myself everyday I think about it, but it wasn't the right time for me. Bummer!

Thanks for all the info guys and please let me know if something crops up. I am glad that inflatables are finally gaining ground in the US. When I go overseas, they are a dime a dozen and are everywhere and I think they even cost less than here.