Old 14 November 2016, 03:26   #1

Town: Sainte-Marie, Quebec
Make: Zodiac Ribster 530
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90HP Evinrude E-Tec
First time at 55 knots...

Last Thursday, November 10, was a very special day for me since I was invited to a presentation and test drive by CHARGEK. Don’t worry if you don’t know them, as they said “Chargek inc. is the result of the combined expertise of two Canadian companies”. Nautic & Art and Titan Boats.
Anyway driving, an 18’ RIB (model Pathfinder) with an air/foam hybrid D-shaped collar,(imagine the inside space available for this relatively small boat), a 19’ inflatable (model NAV19 HD), a 22’ RIB (model T-190XL) and a 25’ RIB (model T-220XL) the same day was already more than enough to make me very happy. But putting my hand on the helm of a 30’ Titan Raptor with 2x 350HP outboard was really a fantastic experience. Going at 55 knots in calm condition and you rapidly find that a 11,5 km (7 miles) long lake is finally a small lake. With these engines the boat can go slightly over 60 knots but the president of the company told me that, since they didn’t known the driving experience of all the guests, they voluntary limited the revolution of the engines to stay in the “safe zone”.
I don't think it was possible to end the season on a better note.

I want to publicly thank Mr Luc Larochelle and Mrs Naomi Dandonneau from CHARGEK for this fantastic day!
Old 14 November 2016, 08:30   #2

Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
Sounds like a great day, 55 knots is fun Not many boats do those sort of speeds and you have to concentrate - wash / other water craft come-up pretty fast!
Got any pics?