Old 02 August 2007, 13:08   #1

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
dry, hot and dry in Ohio

Not having the time to watch weather reports for other areas I'm wondering if it has been a real dry summer for others out there. We have had almost constant sunshine and very little rain since June. I can't recall it ever being so dry... Makes for great boating but the local inland reservoirs (drove by a few) are very low. Lake Erie water temp is up to 72 degrees, believe this is taken at a 30 ft. depth so swimming is very nice right now. It has been as high (water tenp) as 80 degrees (1988) but we had 37 days over 90 degrees that year. Daytime air temps in the low 90"s this week. Comments on weather elsewhere Stateside?
I know how it has been for our U.K. associates, we sure could have used some of the rain you didn't want, weather can be odd...
Old 02 August 2007, 13:49   #2

Town: Pacific NW
Make: zodiac pro 420
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tiller 25 yamaha
we've had the opposite in oregon. we had a full week of rain in july, which is a record. temperatures are mild only hitting the 90's four times so far this year.

still great boating weather though
Old 02 August 2007, 15:33   #3

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Pretty normal weather here in NorCal; coolish, no rain, marine layer coming in in the morning, and pulling back as the day progresses. The winter was drier than normal, though.

jky
Old 02 August 2007, 17:19   #4

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Here in AZ the temp. is around 100F. but humidity is high. Had a huge monsoon storm 2 days ago. 2.68 inches in about 1 1/2 hours. tree and mud in streets etc. Could not get to work next morning. A fancy condo complex with an underground carpark flooded 100 + cars up to their windows. The Porches and Corvettes were totally under. The Home owners management Association are claiming " Act of God". Best of luck with that one.
Old 02 August 2007, 18:12   #5

Town: Christiansted.V.I.
Boat name: Froggy
Make: Avon SeaRider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Johnson 50
Caribbean Weather

We're into our 89day/80night temperature range; it doesn't vary 1 or 2 degrees, day to day. The humidity is high, as usual but the trade winds have held up so far and we average 15 - 20 kts out of the E/SE. On average we have at least one Tropical Wave a week now, the precursors for Tropical Storms. One passed South of here this AM and the next is due through on Sunday. We can do 150 mph in a storm, structure wise, standing on our heads but it takes the electrical grid down and the power provider is dead broke so it could me months to get the lines back up if we have a bad storm.

My morning routine now unitl November first is to check the data and sat photos of what's going on East of here.

Tomas
Old 02 August 2007, 23:24   #6

Town: barrington nh
Make: HBI
Length: 5m +
Engine: evinrude 115 hp
We have had a mixed bag,periods of rain and t-storms for a few days then sunny and warm. I watch 3 different online weather reports then I stick my head out the door and dress for THAT moment. Same with the seas, report will be for some fun seas(3 to 5 footer) and I will go out and it is flat ass calm. Report will be for 1 to 2 footers, take the little woman out and we have gale force seas and that always wins me some brownie points, hates me and the boat.
Old 03 August 2007, 04:43   #7

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Hottest day of the year so far across the Lakes Pat... grass is a lovely caramel colour!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 August 2007, 21:55   #8

Rain!

Finally rained today...
Old 24 August 2007, 01:11   #9

Near record rainfall in August....

As of yesterday we broke an 88 year old record for rainfall in August.... very little rain June and July and buckets of it in August with the month 2/3 gone. Strange thing is that it doesn't seem like it has rained much as we got it in big spurts, sure hasn't affected the weekends much excepting last Sunday. Them thar tropical storms is making it tropical in ohio, very steamy right now and I'm lovin' it!
How is it elsewheres folks?
Old 24 August 2007, 01:19   #10

Hi Pat
Well, tommorow we will probably equal the record for the # of days of temp. over 110F. this summer. Having to pay attention to dehydration. The best sign is when you go to pee and it really stinks and is bright yellow then it is time for more beer.
Work on the boat is out of the question. Temp. at 5 am this morning was 92F.

Tony
Old 24 August 2007, 01:26   #11

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Sounds nice you guys but can you show all your temps in centigrade. Then it might make sense to me.

Saturday on the South Coast of Britain we are looking at 25 Degrees Centigrade. Is that good or are you Americans all falling off your sofa's laughing at us poor Brits
Old 24 August 2007, 01:33   #12

44 degree F (7C) yesterday morning and had frost warnings north of us but all said we have been spared the weather conditions the rest of you have had-floods,drought, pestilence this summer
Old 24 August 2007, 01:40   #13

When you're hot... you're hot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
Hi Pat
Well, tommorow we will probably equal the record for the # of days of temp. over 110F. this summer. Having to pay attention to dehydration. The best sign is when you go to pee and it really stinks and is bright yellow then it is time for more beer.
Work on the boat is out of the question. Temp. at 5 am this morning was 92F.

Tony
Wow! I think I need to move....
Old 24 August 2007, 01:41   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 603doug View Post
44 degree F (7C) yesterday morning and had frost warnings north of us but all said we have been spared the weather conditions the rest of you have had-floods,drought, pestilence this summer
Doug,

Sounds like winter. Almost feel sorry for you, what you done wrong, rest of your country seems to be sunbathing !

NR.
Old 24 August 2007, 01:48   #15

Hotttttt... Is Good.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Sounds nice you guys but can you show all your temps in centigrade. Then it might make sense to me.

Saturday on the South Coast of Britain we are looking at 25 Degrees Centigrade. Is that good or are you Americans all falling off your sofa's laughing at us poor Brits
today and tomorrow it's gonna be 33.33333333 and some fraction degrees centigrade here in Ohio, that equates to the low nineties fahrenheit. usually 70's 80's or 90's for most of the U.S and parts of Canada during June, July and August, some of our lucky members like Limey Linda are subjected to temperatures quite a bit higher than those...
Old 24 August 2007, 01:48   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Hi Bigs
Suggest you call the EU in Brussels and they will help you with the F. to C. conversion. Guess you better have your credit card at hand.
But, just as a reference. 110 F. = Effen Hot.
Cheers T.
Old 24 August 2007, 01:52   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
today and tomorrow it's gonna be 33.33333333 and some fraction degrees centigrade here in Ohio, that equates to the low nineties Fahrenheit. usually 70's 80's or 90's for most of the U.S and parts of Canada during June, July and August, some of our lucky members like Limey Linda are subjected to temperatures quite a bit higher than those...
Oh shut up. I don't think we will see 33 degrees in the UK this year. Two days ago I almost thought it was November.
Come to think of it I believe we have been spoilt with our weather over the last ten years. It used to be everybody's dream to leave the UK because of the weather but the last few years haven't been too bad. This year is back to those bad old days. Guess its time to dream again of foreign places to retire.
Old 24 August 2007, 01:57   #18

Warming up for the wkend but I will take cold over floods and the rest of the crap Mother Nature is throwing at the rest country. My house is not floating away or in danger of fire because it is so dry.
Old 24 August 2007, 02:10   #19

Hi Again Bigs.
retire? you bet Just sold my business so hopefully I am going to retire to Mexico. Google San Carlos Mexico and you will see what I mean. They do have a forum which includes a fishing section. Town is about 5000 people 50% of which are American, Canadian or Brits. Bloody paradise. for boating and fishing and at least 1/2 the cost of living compared with the UK.
T.
Old 24 August 2007, 12:09   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
Hi Again Bigs.
retire? you bet Just sold my business so hopefully I am going to retire to Mexico. Google San Carlos Mexico and you will see what I mean. They do have a forum which includes a fishing section. Town is about 5000 people 50% of which are American, Canadian or Brits. Bloody paradise. for boating and fishing and at least 1/2 the cost of living compared with the UK.
T.
Sounds like Paradise. I will check that out.

NR.