I sized it for a 16 lb bruce or delta that I never got around to buying. The Danforth was always tough to pull up in heavy kelp and I figured since most of the small commercial boats in southern California use bruce type anchors, I should give it a try. Also, I was going to tie the bitter end to the sampson post for safety (low, inside the box) and tie the anchor line off (to whatever length) up hight outside the box.
Careful with where you screwed in the cleat - hopefully you used some sealant - I'd hate to see the wood core get wet. All of the penetrations I did (screw holes and drain holes) were over drilled, filled with epoxy, and then drilled out to correct size so the core is sealed off.