Old 07 August 2007, 20:40   #1

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
any rides out there??

After enjoying the newport trip with ribfan so much I am starting to long for another trip with some more ribs. Still waiting for that marblehead trip to get going.......
The idea of a trip to block island is sounding pretty good also. Any other ideas? This weekend might even be an extra day for some of you ribbers out there with great weather expected.
Old 08 August 2007, 13:56   #2

Length: 5m +
Funny you should mention that. Did you see the posting from the folks at Ribcraft? It looks like they're trying do something in a couple weeks. Sounds like a good trip - too bad my boat is out of the water with a shot engine - looks like my season is all but over...
Old 08 August 2007, 21:20   #3

Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
LTF,

I'm planning on going on the Marblehead/Boston trip on the 18th. On the 21st-29th I'll be in Newport for a regatta with my wife, with the RIB. We'll be staying on our 25' sailboat "Winsome" just off the Sail Newport pier. I may have a day off to do a little RIB cruise up Narragansett Bay or something.
Old 08 August 2007, 22:47   #4

dctucker, I hope to be able to also make the trip. I also would be into gettint together with you for a ride up narraganset bay, while you are down here we will work on it, perhaps even ribfan will take another trip with us. Looking forward to gatting together on the 18th
Old 09 August 2007, 15:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
dctucker, I hope to be able to also make the trip. I also would be into gettint together with you for a ride up narraganset bay, while you are down here we will work on it, perhaps even ribfan will take another trip with us. Looking forward to gatting together on the 18th
See you on the 18th.

Any good restaurants we can get to by RIB in or close to NPT while we're down there? I seem to recall a seafood place on or near the water in Jamestown, just across the bay...
Old 10 August 2007, 02:06   #6

Town: Windsor CT
Boat name: Blue Moon
Make: ribcraft 6.5
Engine: 150 hp honda
MMSI: 338051172
Hi all,

I'm planning on making the drive to MH for the 18th. The last trip was a good time, so I expect this to be as well. Michele & I are also up for another cruise in LTF's neck of the woods. When you get a firm date and plan post it. Michele has some time off at the end of the month, I don;t have the dates handy, but will get them tomorrow.

Bill

www.eclecticwonders.com uncommon art
Old 13 August 2007, 00:22   #7

I am sorry to announce I wont be going to the ribcraft trip this weekend. I am involved with the Boston swim this weekend. I will be following a swimmer that is comeing in from sanfransisco. I am lookiking forward to it but wish i didnt have to miss the meet. I do want to get together with DCtucker and any others interested in a trip around narraganset bay when DCtucker is in Newport. Lets start working on it when we get all info needed....have a good trip, wish I was going
Old 13 August 2007, 12:41   #8

That's too bad LTF.

Most likely, the only day I'll have "off" from my coaching duties will be Saturday 8/25. I arrive on 8/21. I won't have much (if any) access to rib.net after I leave home, but you can email me at "dctucker at comcast.net". I get mail on my PDA. I'll be in Newport, Bretton Cove to be precise, at the Shake-A-Leg docks just beside the Sail Newport hoists. During the days, I'll be on the water just outside the harbor every day 8/22 to 8/30, mostly between Rose & Goat Islands chasing these around:

Particularly USA 22. That's my wife in the front seat of USA 003. She's now sailing with a new teammate in a new boat.

I'd like to do something with you all on that Saturday, but not an all day thing. I'm probably going to want to get OFF the water with the wife and kids for a bit!!

Maybe a 9:00 or 10:00 gathering? In or close to Newport? Go somewhere for lunch up the Bay? I'll mostly be lunching on Cliff Bars and fruit all week so somewhere we could grab a burger, lobster roll, fish sandwich or something would be most appealing to me!