Old 23 April 2016, 04:07   #1

Town: Newport Beach
Length: 7m +
733 weight distribution and ride

Bought a 733 recently for whale watching application and looking to put the console and helm all the way aft and seat 6 passengers in the middle to front.

The boat has twin 150s hung on aluminum outboard bracket. I also took out the 48 gallon auxiliary tank and plan to run on just single 85 gallon up front.

So we will have all the way in the back twin 150s, a console, and a operator. All the way in the front an 85 gallon tank. And in the middle up to 1,000lbs of passengers. Do any of you with more experience on 733s see any problem with this?

Basically this configuration (but they use it on a river and I will be using it in the open ocean)

Old 24 April 2016, 02:15   #2

Town: Stuart, FL
Make: Willard 730
Engine: 2 x 175 Suzuki's
I dont see an issue with it. I would like to see the aft console lower to the deck and would think you would have poor performance with a light load and heavy seas, why take out the 48gl. tank?
Old 24 April 2016, 02:44   #3

Town: Newport Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPratt View Post
I dont see an issue with it. I would like to see the aft console lower to the deck and would think you would have poor performance with a light load and heavy seas, why take out the 48gl. tank?
Hey Ryan, thanks for the reply! Do you think having the aft console up high in swells could cause problems with center of gravity and roll? It would be such an advantage for spotting wildlife but I don't want it to be a liability. If the tubes ran in the water I wouldn't think anything of it but since the 733 rides a little high could be a bit rolly.

Took out the 48 gallon tank to simplify the fuel flow situation; didn't like the switches and extra hoses. And the weight savings. 85 gallons seems like ample fuel capacity when we are only running 60 miles a day.

It's one of those orange Hawaiian SEAL ribs that were at auction a few months ago, btw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1134.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	112162  
Old 24 April 2016, 02:52   #4

Town: Stuart, FL
Make: Willard 730
Engine: 2 x 175 Suzuki's
Send me a PM with your phone number and we can discuss the implications of load vs the Cg.

Tags
rib