Old 29 October 2007, 10:09   #11
Town: Torbay
Boat name: Loupy Lou
Make: Yamaha 480R
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50HP
I went for 4 days back in 2004 it was a real experience stayed in the Empire State hotel - no where near the building though!! But was on broadway. We used the subway to get around very cheap - but helps to speak spanish to get a token from the booth as that was all she spoke!!!

Enjoy your breakfasts! with lots of good hot coffee hmmmm!

We spent lots of time haivng coffee and just hanging out - It was Feb so there was loads of snow and it was -6c most the time - massive snow drifts in times square.

Had to eat in Planet Hollywood.. just the once though!

We prebooked our transport from JFK airport to the hotel on a shared minivan worked out much cheaper than a taxi and very fast - also got a commentary form the driver of the city. - very handy also as you dont need to worry about cash etc as it was all prepaid.

If you can get hold though of some low currency ie dollars very handy for tips when you arrive for the porter etc...

Enjoy your time

I must go again sometime

Scrumdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2007, 10:30   #12
Town: Clanfield
Boat name: Ragless
Make: Ocean
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude 175DI
MMSI: 235066488
Send a message via MSN to BigFella Send a message via Skype™ to BigFella
In case no one else mentions it, if you arrive at JFK, when you leave the airport walk out of the front door and straight across the road where you will see a little yellow kiosk and either a queue of people, or a queue of cabs, with a warden. These are the ONLY cabs to take from JFK and they work on a fixed fee for which they will take you to any destination on Long Island from the airport.

You will be accosted by the usual melee of 'taxi-drivers' trying to offer you an expenmsive trip to your hotel.....

Take my advice and never drink water . . . . I've seen what it does to the bottom of boats..
BigFella is offline   Reply With Quote