Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 January 2009, 04:54   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Edinburgh
Make: Seariders mainly
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrudes, Yam 2stks
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 16
Quote:
the clip is crap and as much use as a hardon at a funeral! I've done similar and added a long strap.
I dunno, the clip stays on my belt OK and holds it in place if I'm using it on my ba shoulder!

But yeah, would I use it as the sole point of contact? Nah
__________________

__________________
---------------------------------------
J. Towers - RYA Dinghy Instructor
RYA Powerboating Instructor
RYA Mincing Instructor :)
towersje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 January 2009, 05:35   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Saltash, Cornwall
Make: Rib less:-(
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 693
Hi
Please any ideas where is doing the IC-M71 for GBP135?
All the searches on line come out to more than that.
Many thanks
JAmes
__________________

__________________
Jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 January 2009, 05:42   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
Hi
Please any ideas where is doing the IC-M71 for GBP135?
All the searches on line come out to more than that.
Many thanks
JAmes

Hi James - try

http://www.marine-super-store.com/po...artno=99146504

not quite 135 - but close enough for me

Pete
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 January 2009, 05:53   #14
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by towersje View Post
I dunno, the clip stays on my belt OK and holds it in place if I'm using it on my ba shoulder!

But yeah, would I use it as the sole point of contact? Nah
I find it's too short. If it had been longer so when you move it has enough room to move with out forcing the clip open.
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2009, 11:31   #15
RIBnet supporter
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Coast
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,445
Pete

Have seen the HX750E for 117 on www.redcar-fish.co.uk. They will be at the LBS
__________________
250kts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2009, 11:59   #16
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
Definately coming round to std horizon - seem to better value for money & not sure noise cancelling is worth it on the M35 . Question for any owners - is the 'strobe' really worth it - can you really see it ?
Yes

It is a fiendishly clever idea and works well. The Horizons are great radios and punch well above their price tags, I use one all day every day and would not swap it for anything else on the market.

__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2009, 13:30   #17
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,151
I bought the HX750S this past summer and have been very happy with it so far.
__________________
prairie tuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2009, 14:35   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
many thanks

Thanks for all the comments - the Std Hor 750 will get it I think - 122.99 delivered from redcar-fish ( cheers steve) .

I like the idea of a built in strobe, floats & an extra W of power. If any of this will make a differance I dont know - but at least I will feel better !

I suspect they may be cheaper at the boat show , but I cant get there this year , had no plans to go (as I have found they have all been pretty full of the same stuff that I'm not really interested in .)
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2009, 15:35   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Ordered a 270 & 750 from redcarfish.( one for each boat) Arrived in 48 hours and seem very good value & service from them as a dealer.

They seem nicely put together , simple to use & considerably lighter than my old ICOM. They also seem to be LOUDER than the ICOM was & have a 12v charge lead (270) so I can charge on & off the boat !

It seems you can program them to do specific scans , but dual watch is really all I willneed in this area. Impressed so far - just getting used to the bottons etc

The aerials are also more flexible than the M31 one ever was. Seems like the 270 is an easy replacement for the M31 but half (ish) the cost !
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2009, 16:22   #20
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
Ordered a 270 & 750 from redcarfish.( one for each boat) Arrived in 48 hours and seem very good value & service from them as a dealer.

They seem nicely put together , simple to use & considerably lighter than my old ICOM. They also seem to be LOUDER than the ICOM was & have a 12v charge lead (270) so I can charge on & off the boat !

It seems you can program them to do specific scans , but dual watch is really all I willneed in this area. Impressed so far - just getting used to the bottons etc

The aerials are also more flexible than the M31 one ever was. Seems like the 270 is an easy replacement for the M31 but half (ish) the cost !
Glad your happy with what you bought. Have to admit they do look a nice bit of kit.
__________________

__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.