Old 23 July 2010, 05:48   #11
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
If you are an electical genius, you could potentially have lots of warning functions as well as a tacho. I guess one of those looms will be for the warning lamps and just lie disconnected in that application.

It should work, unless it's on some Suz data bus kind of system. I'll need to hand over to to someone who has one to confirm that, but if not, pop the guy a mail ask if there is a pole change switch (likely a hole for a small screwdriver) on the back, if so it'll be a pulse counter & fine.

As for 40 Knots form 60Hp, you'd need a vey light boat for that to happen, V unlikely with a deep V rib. I'd guess somewhere between 30-35 for that setup, not knowing any details of the hull or engines For what it's worth I get around 32 from mine when the engine isn't a pile of bits! (60 Hp, me+ boat about 520Kg)

What you could do if it's speed you're after, as you have the twins, go for smaller diameter bigger pitch props - that way the avaialble engine torque will be converted more to forward motion, as you have effectively double the prop blade area between the two, so can afford to loose a bit of diameter and stil lnot "loose grip". Problem might be finding a matched set to borrow to test.

9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2010, 10:54   #12
Town: West coast, Scotland
Length: 4m +
Thanks for the reply, I have ordered 10x13 props for it should try on Monday,do you mean try 9 x 13s or 8 x 13s? as its pirahana props I have they only have 10 inch available? Sorry if my answer is a bit stupid, finding it hard to get my head round prop size and the difference two motors make, am a total speed freak so I will try any avenue possible for more speed! Just annoyed as sold my shallow v med style rib for this new boat thinking this would be better in rough seas and faster Ibut it is slower!

win-or-bin is offline   Reply With Quote