Old 07 July 2009, 21:51   #1

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
trails

Lowrance "trails"
On my Lowrances I have a trail setting which is basicaly a breadcrumb type line on the taken track.
Having looked through the instructions I can't seem to find a way of stopping the units starting and stopping this, sometimes at random but mostly when the units are turned off and on again at a lunch stop etc.
AFAI can see they should just keep adding to the existing trail so all the trails should be one till it starts overwriting or a new trail is started. I can have 4 or more trails in a day all with gaps between them and only the last one showing.
It also resets the trip mileage to zero so I lose total trip for the day each time.
Is there a fix or setting to sort this I can't find in the book?
Old 08 July 2009, 13:26   #2

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: Magic II
Make: Tohatsu 6.1
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude 115 E-tec
MMSI: 235050189
Send a message via Skype™ to kwil
Bruce

I had a similar problem when I first installed my GM8200c and LGC3000. It turned out to be a faulty NMEA 2000 connector that created an intermitent feed from the GPS to the Plotter.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0498a.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	43857   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0500a.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	43858  
Old 08 July 2009, 15:56   #3

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
I have two plotters on the network, surely if it was a bad connection I would be losing the GPS signal to the plotters. One also has a backup inbuilt aerial that should switch in if it is lost so only one unit would be doing it and both are at fault?
Old 09 July 2009, 12:15   #4

Town: HL
Boat name: StormChaser
Make: Humber OceanPro 6.3
Engine: Evinrude E-TEC 200HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
Lowrance "trails"
On my Lowrances I have a trail setting which is basicaly a breadcrumb type line on the taken track.
Having looked through the instructions I can't seem to find a way of stopping the units starting and stopping this, sometimes at random but mostly when the units are turned off and on again at a lunch stop etc.
AFAI can see they should just keep adding to the existing trail so all the trails should be one till it starts overwriting or a new trail is started. I can have 4 or more trails in a day all with gaps between them and only the last one showing.
It also resets the trip mileage to zero so I lose total trip for the day each time.
Is there a fix or setting to sort this I can't find in the book?
my Lowrance 7200C does the same strange things. No idea why.
I extended actual track from default 2000 to maximum 9999 points. points are done by unit itself after some distance and/or time.
but after shutting off, sometime it begins from scratch, sometimes it adds it to the existing one. I could not find a matter.
I alreadyupgraded software version to 2.4.0, but di not change anything in this behaviour.

https://www.hobbycaptain.at
Ferdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2009, 14:33   #5

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: Magic II
Make: Tohatsu 6.1
Engine: Evinrude 115 E-tec
MMSI: 235050189
Send a message via Skype™ to kwil
Quote:
I have two plotters on the network, surely if it was a bad connection I would be losing the GPS signal to the plotters.
Well thats my theory blown.
I have just looked in the handbook and can find nothing but I remember that somewhere in the menu system on mine there is a minimum speed setting before anything is logged mine was set at 5 knots so that left gaps in the trail, dropped it to 2 knots as even at tickover going faster than that and all is ok.
But even that is still not quite the same as you are getting, by the way I am on version 2.4.0.

Keith