Old 25 May 2018, 19:10   #1

Town: London
Make: Aerotec 3.8
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury T/S 15hp
Tracker - Rewire TK 102 Nano

Thought I'd just put this up as it might be a bit of use to someone

Having been the victim of a theft - much loved Vespa - in the early part of this year I looked into security improvements and along the way this https://www.amazon.co.uk/REWIRE-SECU...70_&dpSrc=srch came up in the searches

They can be bought not through Rewire Security I chose to incase there were issues or I had set up questions, it turned out to be fairly straightforward but good to have them as a resource. If you do buy though them you get a years subscription to GPS Live https://gpslive.co.uk where you can track history, real time movement, location and so on. Without the app you'll get notifications via text with coordinates/Google map if there's movement or a 'shock' to the unit.

Rewire and other forums suggest for best use change the supplied SIM to Giff Gaff, I've put £10 credit on it and I think there's £5 left and I've been playing about with it for a few weeks or months

A couple of weeks back I put my SIB on the nearby canal with this unit taped under a carry handle and while getting ready / having breakfast I could check to see if it as still in the same place. It occurred to me that this might be useful for others who want a good idea that their property is still where they left it

There are many trackers out there but this one is pretty cheap and has worked for what I've needed it for so far - a temporary portable unit. Battery (it comes with two) seems to last 5-6 days. If you're keen a battery adapter can be bought and then hooked up to a gel battery for weeks or months of use