Originally Posted by BruceB
One odd thing which I am sure I saw at the weekend was no info form the engine but the engine diagnostic was showing OK.
That doesn't surprise me! When my interface started to die it also said engine OK even though the engine wasn't even connected. I don't think it is smart enough to hide the OK response unless it actually receives an error from the engine ecu.
Interesting that you found the software update on an Aussie forum. I did too and updated my unit. It now provides engine temp which it didn't previously.
Your problem sounds very much like a motion/vibration issue. It's a PITA but I would swap the backbone cable if you can or hook up a temp one and see if that makes a difference. I had a dodgy T on my installation at first which was very intermittent but was luckily something I found whilst the boat was still at home.