Old 06 June 2017, 19:22   #1

Town: wemyss bay
Make: coastline 6.0
Length: 6m +
Engine: mariner 150hp
Send a message via AIM to nick mc
simrad go and mercury vesselview

has anyone had any experience of the simrad go xse range of screens or the mercury vesselview setup?

i've just bought myself a new mariner engine and am looking at updating the electronics on the rib at the same time and any advice would be appreciated.

cheers nick
Old 06 June 2017, 21:43   #2

Town: denny
Boat name: breezy
Make: northcraft
Engine: honda 150
RIBase
just fitted simrad go7 to my humber its fitted with a mariner and I am using mercury smart craft which is along the same lines as vessel view I believe what info do you need its a mine field
Old 06 June 2017, 22:00   #3

RIBase
its the mercmonitor single gauge that I am using which is slightly different to the smart craft gauge
Old 06 June 2017, 23:25   #4

The engine came with two smart craft gauges but I also believe the go7 will display all the engine parameters if you get the vesselview interface!
I just wondered if there was anything I was missing and if anyone had any comments or opinions on the go7.
Old 07 June 2017, 04:13   #5

Town: hampshire
Length: 7m +
Very happy with the Go7 XSE. Easy to use, good interface and in my case displays engine parameters via nmea 2000. The amount of engine data is reliant on the amount your engine puts out on nmea 2000. They bring out software updates from time to time (there was one for the Mercury interface last year) which tend to widen the range of display options for different engine manufactures (amongst other things). Not an expert but i bought 2 Go7's (just in case) because i was very happy with the first one i purchased at the boat show last year. Seems to work well on my rib for general leisure use.
Old 07 June 2017, 12:30   #6

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick mc View Post
The engine came with two smart craft gauges but I also believe the go7 will display all the engine parameters if you get the vesselview interface!
I just wondered if there was anything I was missing and if anyone had any comments or opinions on the go7.
the vessel view interface wasn't required on mines as the can bus goes right up to the helm unit there was just an nmea2000 plug on the harness and that connects up to the go7 I think the only additional bit of wiring I had to fit was power for the nmea backbone there was also a 4 way connector that all the 10 pin plugs connected into and the spare sockets got plugged with a terminator resistor after I had fitted it all I bought the sensor kit for the engine which gives trim /water pressure and connects onto the pitot tube to give you the speed signal
Old 07 June 2017, 18:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellhouse View Post
Very happy with the Go7 XSE. Easy to use, good interface and in my case displays engine parameters via nmea 2000. The amount of engine data is reliant on the amount your engine puts out on nmea 2000. They bring out software updates from time to time (there was one for the Mercury interface last year) which tend to widen the range of display options for different engine manufactures (amongst other things). Not an expert but i bought 2 Go7's (just in case) because i was very happy with the first one i purchased at the boat show last year. Seems to work well on my rib for general leisure use.
yea thats pretty much what thought the go 7 coupled with the mercury interface should give me all the information im looking for.
seems like a cracking little unit!
Old 10 June 2017, 14:10   #8

Length: 4m +
I've got a Go 5 XSE matched to a NMEA 2000 connection on my RIB. The amount of active gauges you get on the screen is dependant on the engine choice. There is a list of the active gauges on the Mercury Website all engine dependant. On my Mercury 40. I have about 6 gauges active on the GO5 XSE. Bigger engines have more as standard. Hope this helps.
Old 10 June 2017, 19:27   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant2 View Post
I've got a Go 5 XSE matched to a NMEA 2000 connection on my RIB. The amount of active gauges you get on the screen is dependant on the engine choice. There is a list of the active gauges on the Mercury Website all engine dependant. On my Mercury 40. I have about 6 gauges active on the GO5 XSE. Bigger engines have more as standard. Hope this helps.
cheers yea i had a look on the site and it looks like i get quite a lot so looking forward to getting my hands on one!
Old 12 June 2017, 15:12   #10

Town: Southampton
Boat name: RocknRoller
Make: Revenger
Length: 4m +
Engine: 150 Yamaha
If you use Mercury Vessel View Link box with the Simrad GO or NSS EVO series you get the full Mercury Vessel View guages rather than the standard analogue guages.

Smart looking software and super easy to use. I had a play with it recently and the Cruise Control and Troll Control were pretty impressive.
Old 12 June 2017, 21:37   #11

thats pretty impressive
Old 14 August 2017, 14:55   #12

Town: East Barre
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdavis View Post
If you use Mercury Vessel View Link box with the Simrad GO or NSS EVO series you get the full Mercury Vessel View guages rather than the standard analogue guages.

Smart looking software and super easy to use. I had a play with it recently and the Cruise Control and Troll Control were pretty impressive.
I have a simple single engine setup with a Simrad Go7 XSE. Do you know if the VesselView link NMEA 2000 out can connect directly to the Simrad in -- no NMEA backbone, just a drop cable?

I see that the VV Link has 12v from the SmartCraft network. This leads me to hope that I don't need to create a NMEA 2000 backbone with power node...
Old 12 August 2018, 17:05   #13

Town: Athlone
Make: Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 80EFI 4S
Breezeblock. Would you have a picture of the wiring for the can bus connecter at the helm. Want to see if I can just stick a nmea 2000 connector on and hook it into the network
Old 06 March 2019, 11:21   #14

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
7xse

Any update on xse - about to fit new 200 4s and debating using a Simrad with it