Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 02 December 2006, 17:28   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle Staffs
Boat name: blue it
Make: ribcraft 7.5
Length: 7m +
Engine: suzuki df225
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 488
Send a message via AIM to Top banana
re entering mmsi

Hi folks, just bought a simrad dsc hand held vhf of ebay, if there has been a mmsi number programmed in the unit can i reprogram it with my number. or will i have to send it off somewhere, and if so any sugestions.
__________________

__________________
Top banana
Top banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 December 2006, 19:33   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Hi folks, just bought a simrad dsc hand held vhf of ebay, if there has been a mmsi number programmed in the unit can i reprogram it with my number. or will i have to send it off somewhere, and if so any sugestions.
Is it an HT52? If it isn't, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you will need an MMSI.

I'm pretty sure the Simrad HT52, and the McMurdo R2 (Both to the best of my knowledge now withdrawn from sale brand new) are the only handhelds with DSC.

If it is an HT52, you will need to have the existing portable license transferred, as the MMSI stays with the radio in this case. The mmsi will begin with 2359.
__________________

__________________
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2006, 09:18   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle Staffs
Boat name: blue it
Make: ribcraft 7.5
Length: 7m +
Engine: suzuki df225
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 488
Send a message via AIM to Top banana
Cheers jimbo, it is the ht52. ive asked for transfer from owner, any comments on this unit,
__________________
Top banana
Top banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2006, 09:40   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Cheers jimbo, it is the ht52. ive asked for transfer from owner, any comments on this unit,
I don't really know much about it tbh, only that it is one of the few Handhelds with DSC.

We've got a few Simrad Handhelds on our Charter yachts, and they seem to work well, with good reliability.

If you can't get the license transferred from the old owner, I've found Matt Tiley, the deputy manager of the Radio Licensing Centre very helpful by e-mail - matt . tiley at royal mail . com.
__________________
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2006, 10:05   #5
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Jimbo - I am sure he will be well chuffed that you have put his email address on the net for the spambots to get! If you read this in the next 40 minutes and have a chance to edit it - might be worth editing, if you want him to help you next time!
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2006, 10:35   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
Jimbo - I am sure he will be well chuffed that you have put his email address on the net for the spambots to get! If you read this in the next 40 minutes and have a chance to edit it - might be worth editing, if you want him to help you next time!
Polwart, good point, cheers!
__________________

__________________
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.