Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Before buying Navman read this
http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....light=plastimo

have you tried VIT ELECTRONICS in Florida online for prices on Ray Marine
We bought 1 tracker 5600 and 1 fish 4200 we ended up with 5 replacement units under warranty, all let in water even though IP rated

Like pulling teeth having the warranty honoured

http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....highlight=5600

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2005, 18:43   #42

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin
Before buying Navman read this
http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....light=plastimo

have you tried VIT ELECTRONICS in Florida online for prices on Ray Marine
We bought 1 tracker 5600 and 1 fish 4200 we ended up with 5 replacement units under warranty, all let in water even though IP rated

Like pulling teeth having the warranty honoured
Thanks for that - I AM going to go for the C80.

Just tried VIT - as I have said before the ONLY things cheaper in the States are things that are made there cos the dollar is so weak.

VIT price $1565 = £851.02

Cheapest UK price so far from cactus - £873 ex vat

So no point at all in buying Raymarine from the USA - thanks all the same. Different story with Garmin etc!!!
Old 17 May 2005, 19:01   #43

Town: London
Boat name: event horizon
Make: Custom
Length: 9m +
Engine: inboard
translantic warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Thanks for that - I AM going to go for the C80.

Just tried VIT - as I have said before the ONLY things cheaper in the States are things that are made there cos the dollar is so weak.

VIT price $1565 = £851.02

Cheapest UK price so far from cactus - £873 ex vat

So no point at all in buying Raymarine from the USA - thanks all the same. Different story with Garmin etc!!!
Despite being based both sides of the Pond I would recommend you go with purchase say through SMI or similar in the UK there are places over here right now where you can save a whole load more For example Raymarine have refurb units some with simply a scratched case and are up to 40 - 50 % off however the prices you will pay in the UK will stand you in good in the long term especially of the company I mentioned and in the very unlikely event of failure.That said the dollar hit over 2$ to the GBP a couple of weks ago and made everything seem like a bargain if you really want to save and heres another well debated topic try looking at the engine prices ! you would never ever buy in the UK again trust me on this. I am sure there will be a response to this off topic throw in........................
Old 17 May 2005, 21:24   #44

Couldn't agree more on the engine side - they are either built in the states or priced in accordance as it is their main market.

With computer bits it isn't the same story - most are made in the Far East so prices are the same in the USA or UK - in fact these days actually slightly cheaper in the UK as dollar is so weak and the Chinks don't want the currency!!!
Old 18 May 2005, 14:09   #45

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
With computer bits it isn't the same story - most are made in the Far East so prices are the same in the USA or UK - in fact these days actually slightly cheaper in the UK as dollar is so weak and the Chinks don't want the currency!!!

As usual talking crap. It depends on what? - I can bring an HP or Sony Laptop at about 50% cheaper than that brought in the Uk. The reason , codpiece, is that people like Sony, HP,price their products on the particular market place. The UK is " a high price "market while the US is basically a low price area- and has nothng to do with where it was made. If you want a cheap IPAQ ppc let me know,.
And as regards OB engines be careful as the spec and parts are NOT the same. I know this is intentional by Yamaha and perhaps the others as well.

Te other day my GSM ( ericsson t39m- probably the best mobile phone ever produced went dead. Well infact teh battery gave up. Tihis phone is about 3 years old- yet impossible to get another battery in Europe. So bang - go to the states find a battery ( 1000 mah) for 8$- landed cost at about 9 euros in Belgium ( vat at 21%). This is a new battery and the T39 has anew lease of life....

All this to help you find your way in life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan
Old 18 May 2005, 15:09   #46

Thanks for that - I AM going to go for the C80

and the rib???
Old 18 May 2005, 15:49   #47

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Engine: 250hp HO
Quote:
What do you mean "not very good at travelling"??? Use quite a lot by the military for that very purpose!!! As ccd devices are very sensitive to infrared it doesn't need much power for good illumination - my nvgs only have a 75mw IR output and yet the beam reaches about 500 yards!!!
i dont know what a nvgs is but i doubt that very much codprawn, from the intensity of the irs we use at work i rekon you would need atleast 150w to make 500yds viewable... do you mean the beam reaches or reflects?? its gotta go two ways dude!! your right ccds are ok at detecting ir but really only b/w units.. colour ccds are shite in comparison
Old 18 May 2005, 15:52   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa

As usual talking crap. It depends on what? - I can bring an HP or Sony Laptop at about 50% cheaper than that brought in the Uk. The reason , codpiece, is that people like Sony, HP,price their products on the particular market place. The UK is " a high price "market while the US is basically a low price area- and has nothng to do with where it was made. If you want a cheap IPAQ ppc let me know,.
Jonathan
Here he goes again!!!

Firstly I said computer BITS - ie - hard drives - ram - cpus etc etc.

BUT as you have mouthed off yet again

HP iPaq HX4700 WLAN 802.11b Bluetooth Mobile 2003SE
USA - $529.99 = £288.72
UK 273.14 ex vat

As to Sony Vaios the model numbers seem very different but comparing prices in the UK next to the States on specifications the UK seems cheaper!!!

So PLEASE tell me were I can save 50% on UK prices and I will buy loads - import them and make a fortune!!!
Old 18 May 2005, 15:56   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash
i dont know what a nvgs is but i doubt that very much codprawn, from the intensity of the irs we use at work i rekon you would need atleast 150w to make 500yds viewable... do you mean the beam reaches or reflects?? its gotta go two ways dude!! your right ccds are ok at detecting ir but really only b/w units.. colour ccds are shite in comparison
Night Vison Goggles - alright photomultiplier tube not ccd.

When I turn on the illuminator which is 75 milliwatts it will light up on a hillside across a valley - easily 500 yards - often more - I was amazed as well!!!
Old 18 May 2005, 19:29   #50

USA - $529.99 = £288.72
UK 273.14 ex vat

ipaq 4705 290$ FOB ( upper model)

People dont buy " bits" any more - they prefer to buy the whole thing new
i,e if it dont work - you throw it away - as it costs too much to repair it.
Give you and exmaple - had the backlight go on an HP 5380 Ze - HP wanted 250 quid to fix it.( the actual piece costs about 10quid). A guy in Watford wanted 100 quid + and an "expert" repair shop wanted 190 quid . But I found in Bruxelles a small repair shop run by some arabs and they did it for 60 euros and it wasnt even the part that was defective -some solder had come off the MB when the thing fell out of an overhead bin during turbelence. Its very unusal for bits to break these days. HBF on hard drive is as you know is "ENORMEOUS

Jonathan
Old 18 May 2005, 20:21   #51

Quote:
USA - $529.99 = £288.72
UK 273.14 ex vat

ipaq 4705 290$ FOB ( upper model)

People dont buy " bits" any more - they prefer to buy the whole thing new
i,e if it dont work - you throw it away - as it costs too much to repair it.
Give you and exmaple - had the backlight go on an HP 5380 Ze - HP wanted 250 quid to fix it.( the actual piece costs about 10quid). A guy in Watford wanted 100 quid + and an "expert" repair shop wanted 190 quid . But I found in Bruxelles a small repair shop run by some arabs and they did it for 60 euros and it wasnt even the part that was defective -some solder had come off the MB when the thing fell out of an overhead bin during turbelence. Its very unusal for bits to break these days. HBF on hard drive is as you know is "ENORMEOUS

Jonathan

Where the hell can you buy a 4705 for $290??? Cheapest I could find was $549.88 on amazon!!!

Come on PROVE it - post a link!!!

As to people not buying "bits" - are you MAD??? Most enthusiasts build up their own computers these days!!!

Ebuyer would go bust if everyone was like you!!!
Old 18 May 2005, 20:37   #52

Quote:
Where the hell can you buy a 4705 for $290??? Cheapest I could find was $549.88 on amazon!!!

Come on PROVE it - post a link!!!

As to people not buying "bits" - are you MAD??? Most enthusiasts build up their own computers these days!!!

Ebuyer would go bust if everyone was like you!!!

My secret. And while you on it -agian get your facts right as regards the UK
price for the 4700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC
Delivering exceptional expandability and graphics performance with a visually stunning high-resolution display for demanding enterprise users.
From only £329 ex. VAT
- retail direct ex HP at www.HP.CO.UK/buy on line
Old 18 May 2005, 21:50   #53

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
...get your facts right as regards the UK price for the 4700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC... only £329 ex. VAT - retail direct ex HP at www.HP.CO.UK/buy on line
Yes, get your facts right codprawn!

I've just purchased an HX4700 as it happens....

£263 + vat

(that's £310 inclusive )

Full UK spec, and not a 4705 that you will never get a warranty repair on in this country.

But don't let me spoil a good argument... please carry on the pair of you, this makes great reading!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2005, 00:44   #54

Raymarine C120 or E series

Off topic but good reading
Old 19 May 2005, 00:47   #55

sort of right but wrong

Quote:
Here he goes again!!!

Firstly I said computer BITS - ie - hard drives - ram - cpus etc etc.

BUT as you have mouthed off yet again

USA - $529.99 = £288.72
UK 273.14 ex vat

As to Sony Vaios the model numbers seem very different but comparing prices in the UK next to the States on specifications the UK seems cheaper!!!

So PLEASE tell me were I can save 50% on UK prices and I will buy loads - import them and make a fortune!!!
PCs gadgets gismos and fags are 50% plus cheaper here but then we have shipping tax duty collection from port etc however I do know of a good guy in a bonded warehouse in southampton......................whoops nearly lost my job
Old 19 May 2005, 01:45   #56

Quote:
My secret. And while you on it -agian get your facts right as regards the UK
price for the 4700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC
Delivering exceptional expandability and graphics performance with a visually stunning high-resolution display for demanding enterprise users.
From only £329 ex. VAT
- retail direct ex HP at www.HP.CO.UK/buy on line
YOUR SECRET???? Thought you wouldn't be able to prove it!!!!

MY SECRET PRICE???
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=65745

It is very easy to say one country is more expensive than another if you don't bother shopping around.

I don't know wether you deliberately try to wind people up or are really just stupid enough to believe the shit you post - either way I am not going to bother taking this discussion any further!!!
Old 19 May 2005, 08:05   #57

I don't know wether you deliberately try to wind people up or are really just stupid enough to believe the shit you post - either way I am not going to bother taking this discussion any further!!!

When I am dealing with an Ar***.hole like you, The gloves come off.
I think you must have an extraordinary amount of knowledge for an miniscule amount of subjects. Your posts are full of contradictions -- and you aint even got a boat - so please enlighten your growing audience where all this stupidiy comes from.I think al you do day long is to pst , and post and post?- just to hera your own voice?? and if anybody takes you to town ......

Jonathan
Old 19 May 2005, 08:44   #58

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
But don't let me spoil a good argument... please carry on the pair of you, this makes great reading!
Yeah, what a hoot! Two Alpha males locked head to head in a fight to the death, neither willing to capitulate, both desperate not to lose face before the assembled throng and both destined to come out of it looking even bigger plonkers than we already take them for Bet they're both 5'5'' nerds, bald, bespectacled, lard arses and got bullied mercilessly at school.
Old 19 May 2005, 08:51   #59

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Hold on a second.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
Bet they're both 5'5'' nerds, bald, bespectacled, lard arses and got bullied mercilessly at school.
.....why have you dragged me into this one
Old 19 May 2005, 09:38   #60

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Smell that testosterone

Quote:
.....- my nvgs only have a 75mw IR output and yet the beam reaches about 500 yards!!!
Quote:
.....When I turn on the illuminator which is 75 milliwatts it will light up on a hillside across a valley - easily 500 yards - often more - I was amazed as well!!!
Codders why have you got night vision goggles (nvgs) and what is it you can see on a hillside 500 yards away Don't tell me you are in to cottaging and you are 'the only cottager in the village' perhaps your name should be codpawn Des