Am i realy unlucky, or is this normal?
My Raymarine 435i has failed for the 4th time.
- it's failed every other time we have taken the boat out on the water.
1. Backlight failed - fixed
2. total failure - replacement unit
3. power cable failure - replacement cable
4. total failure last weekend - this time the fuse also blew
My impression was that Raymarine was the Icom of the chartplotter world
- is this something other people have experienced?
After each trip we wash the while boat down with fresh water before stripping the electronics to try and preserve them - should we be doing anything else to help the longevity of the equipment?
Raymarine has been very good at fixing/replacing the unit, but i expect to use the same unit every trip, not use a new replacement!
- the radio is still working - thanks Jon