Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 15 February 2011, 10:55   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Alton
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Hi Guys,

Just a quick message to introduce myself, i am Ollie, i am the technical and design support manager at Powertraveller. I thought i would register on this forum to answer some of your queries about our products that you may have....

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions either using this email (direct) ollie@powertraveller.com or support@powertraveller.com

Thank you for purchasing our products

Regards
Ollie
__________________

__________________
ollie.moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 11:00   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Alton
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
I bought one of these as starter for car and boat, I found it didnt if battery was flat...but if your engine turned a bit it worked. 150 - bit disappointed...

Was told the 200 might be better,

The 100 did not start 50 HP Yamaha FS, audi a3 quattro 1.8 T petrol and a Kangoo Van.

regards

Scott
Hi Scott,

Im sorry your Startmonkey was unable to start your engine, we never released a Startmonkey100, the lowest spec unit we do is a Startmonkey200 (200amp) - we now have a Startmonkey400 (400amp) - this will do larger diesel engines. The issue you had with your unit is that your battery would have been less than 6v when flat and therefore the startmonkey would not have recognized it - we now have a manual over ride feature on all new units. This will allow the user to manually activate the startmonkey200 or 400 when the battery is completely flat.

If you think this will benefit you please contact me and we can discuss swapping out your unit. I am confident that the startmonkey200 will do what you expect as it did start your engine when the battery had a small amount of power remaining.

I hope this helps, Regards, Ollie
__________________

__________________
ollie.moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 11:03   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Alton
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
the starter monkey 100 was marketed the same ! and you could watch videos of it jumping a big outboard on YouTube...a startermonkey 200 might work but lots of money to spend if it does not!

S.
Hi, as far as im aware no Startmonkey100 units ever made a public appearance, in fact im not so sure we ever called a unit a startmonkey100. The STM200 (startmonkey200) is the entry level product, the smallest we do, the size up is the startmonkey400. I'd recommend going for a startmonkey200 with the manual over ride feature if your battery is often completely drained, these RRP for 150.00. If you want the STM400 you would need to budget around 200.

Regards
Ollie
__________________
ollie.moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 11:11   #14
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie.moore View Post
Hi Guys,

Just a quick message to introduce myself, i am Ollie, i am the technical and design support manager at Powertraveller. I thought i would register on this forum to answer some of your queries about our products that you may have....

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions either using this email (direct) ollie@powertraveller.com or support@powertraveller.com

Thank you for purchasing our products

Regards
Ollie
Email sent...
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2011, 11:30   #15
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie.moore View Post
Hi, as far as im aware no Startmonkey100 units ever made a public appearance, in fact im not so sure we ever called a unit a startmonkey100. The STM200 (startmonkey200) is the entry level product, the smallest we do, the size up is the startmonkey400. I'd recommend going for a startmonkey200 with the manual over ride feature if your battery is often completely drained, these RRP for 150.00. If you want the STM400 you would need to budget around 200.

Regards
Ollie
My confusion it may well be a 200 model, but was purchase in october 2010, just before the Sailing Clubs crane out. It was bought as demonstration Unit, and i had to use it and failed.

People laughed at me, because they told me before i attempted to start the boat nothing that small or light would work - they were correct...and i was telling how it was military battery technology etc, your marketing.

Sorry for model number confusion, the unit now sits in a draw in the house.

I would be happy to upgrade to the override switch model, if not the version i have ...or pay difference for 400 if that would work!
When did you add the manual over ride button?

regards

Scott
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2011, 12:42   #16
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Thanks to Ollie, he has arrange for a swap my Startmonkey200 out the Unit for a more suitable product might take few week till new stock arrives...but i am happy

I will post when i receive that and had chance to test it.

Great Support from Power Traveller - new product so I suppose I expect few techie issues.

Regards

S.
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2011, 01:05   #17
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Thanks to Ollie, he has arrange for a swap my Startmonkey200 out the Unit for a more suitable product might take few week till new stock arrives...but i am happy


That is good news, on the strength of that level of customer service I think we will add them to our new online shop.
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2011, 13:02   #18
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
Looks like a great bit of kit. SPR, let us know how you get on!
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2011, 15:48   #19
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
it did have two batteries so that situation should not occur but a very impressive vid on the flat battery.

did SPR ever get a replacement and is it good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Hugh Jardon's



[YOUTUBE]A1CchoB3S8M[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2011, 15:50   #20
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
it did have two batteries so that situation should not occur but a very impressive vid on the flat battery.

did SPR ever get a replacement and is it good?

The new product has not been released will email powertraveller and ask for update...and post back.

Regards

S.
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.