Old 04 September 2014, 19:26   #11
Town: Pembroke
Boat name: Rapscallion
Make: Humber Destroyer 6.0
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 150 HPDI
Neat solution on my humber (by the original builder - not by me). 100x35 rectangular clip-top electrical trunking, covered by custom folded polished stainless screwed to the deck. Runs straight down the middle of the boat.
Very neat, very robust, very easy to get into when needed.

Jon Tallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 September 2014, 20:01   #12
Town: St catharines
Boat name: Seafox
Make: Nautica
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin evinrude 90 ete
Try to run a feeder cable first and see if you can"fish" it from the console to the transom. If you can, then take a large diameter hose 50 mm od and attach to the fishing wire and pull it thru, be gentle when you pull and also feed the hose in, twist the hose around when it gets stuck. It is likely you can pull, it thru, however if cant get it thru, try it with a smaller hose.
I have used this method on a novurania 660 and it worked well.

Seafox47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2014, 02:39   #13
Town: Southern Ontario
Boat name: -Unknown-
Make: SeaMax
Length: 4m +
Engine: Merc/Minn Kota
I drilled the rails and using aluminum rivets popped-in about six/per side 1/2" triangular swivel holders to all wiring and batterys firm.
Nightfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 January 2015, 16:19   #14
Town: Whitehaven
Boat name: Pegasus
Make: Zodiac Pro 530
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115hp Merc 4st
The solution.........

Just to finish the story I thought I'd show what I eventually did. I made some flange adapters out of a block of plastic. Essentially a tube either side of a flange plate. There is a length of pump suction hose (green) connected to the under deck end with a jubilee clip and plenty of sealant. The flange plate then screws to the deck (with more sealant) so you won't see the green bit and the hull is sealed. The engine rigging hose the pushes onto that. Under the console where it comes up through the deck, I've put about 8" of spare hose on the top side, so the water in the console has to be deeper than that to go down the tube. Even if it does, it can't make it into the hull void.

I've run two of these, on wither side of the main central stringer. One for the engine and one for the lighting cables, co-ax, sounder cable and steering hoses.

I'm thinking about closing off the cable one with a quick squirt of expanding foam and then a cap or black silicon sealer or potting compound. It will probably need a thin tube with cap in the end though so I can let any water out by lifting the front of the boat (on the trailer).

Phil M

Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote