Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Electrics and electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 17 May 2009, 17:03   #1

Length: 6m +
New horizon vhf bluetooth is it worth it?

Evening all. Am about to update my very old handheld VHF and had decided on either M71 or HX750e (was going for M71 as icom seem to last but HX750e seems much better value and owners seem pleased on here). However the bluetooth version has arrived - HX760E.

So, do I (and no doubt others about to purchase / renew hand helds) splash out double the cost of the non blue tooth version, £120 v £250?

Thought I'd done the too-ing and fro-ing and made a decision then saw the new version. As it will (hopefully) be with me for a few years I'd rather pay more and get it right first time but it's been cleverly pitched to be double the price but still acheivable (just).

Anybody tried it? any recommendations as to where to buy / price? Just a bit of a gimmick or really useful? (would come in handy when up the mast or working the bow in heavy weather when sailing too if the headset stays on that is). All views on it greatly appreciated as I think this thread will apply to quite a few people over the next few weeks.

Great forum by the way.

Cheers Peter.
Old 22 May 2009, 20:24   #2

Town: Crawley
Boat name: BerryBuoys
Make: BananaShark
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 EFi
MMSI: 235068187
Hi Peter, welcome to RIBnet

chris123 asked a similar question here http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29765. There's not much to go on at the moment, possibly as it's a new product and doesn't have many users yet? Sounds useful in theory though, especially for the situations you mention.

Ian