We are pleased to announce the launch here in the UK of the brand new competitively priced
GME MT400 406 EPIRB - units are now in stock ready for delivery - PM me for further details and very low price.
The GME MT400 406 MHz EPIRB is a radical new design concept that is not only a significant improvement on existing beacon performance, but dramatically slashes the cost of 406 MHz EPIRB ownership.
Advantages of a 406 MHZ EPIRB over the older analogue EPIRBs:
The MT400 has the following features:
- world wide coverage
- position location accuracy to within 5 kms
- a more stable transmitted signal resulting in faster response time
- the addition of a unique digitally coded message provides Search and Rescue authorities with vital information including the country of beacon registration and identification of the vessel in distress thus greatly reducing the incidence of false alerts and unneccesary deployment of valuable rescue resources
- auxiliary homing transmitter is included in the MT400 to enable suitably equipped Search and Rescue forces to home in on the distress beacon
- Zero warm-up Digital Technology, many other beacons can take up to 15 minutes to reach optimum operating temperature.
- High reliability solid state strobe replacing old fashioned xenon tubes.
- Rugged lightweight easy-to-mount compact design.
- Easy, in-built self-test facility with audible alert confirms correct operation.
- COSPAS-SARSAT, C/S T.001 and AS/NZS 4280 approved.
- Antenna deploys automatically when the unit is removed from the quick-release mounting bracket.
- Extended 5 Year GME Warranty.