Old 27 September 2007, 16:22   #1

Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Lowrance iFinder H2O NauticPath

I use the above combo, a nice cheap chart and a reasonable colour handheld plotter. Has anyone else noticed the Tide stations "T" and Current stations "C" appearing and disappearing at total random or not being visible for hours on end then briefly showing to vanish aagain?

I know they are there and can be interogated and they seem stable if viewed from another Lowrance product like a Globalmap unit. Emailed Lowrance UK not a single response, Lowrance USA l;ooking into it.
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2007, 10:50   #2

Town: Colchester
Boat name: Pamela
Make: Valiant
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 80 EFi
MMSI: 235059536
Hi Simon,

I haven't used mine often, but I did seem to remember thinking that they were rather random. Playing with the H2O here at home though, it seems that they are reliably shown when zoomed in to 6nm or more. As I don't know where they should be though it's hard to be sure they are all displaying. I haven't got access to my full size plotter at the mo either.

I am off on a yacht delivery to Holland tonight though so I'll get a chance for a longer play with it and see how I get on.

JC
Old 30 September 2007, 12:37   #3

Length: 4m +
Chart data displayed is dependant upon the level of zoom at any point. You might find that you have been at different zoom levels without realising it and think the icons have randomly disappeared.
Old 01 October 2007, 17:12   #4

No, this has been thoroughly tested at almost all the zoom levels possible, in fact you can see them at a certain zoom level cursor to another feature and return to the Map page for navigation at exactly the same zoom level and they have either gone or returned. I know what you mean and have seen the appearance at the correct zoom level on our Globalmap 3500 that is very stable and shows both icons reliably. Last night "C" showed and "T" was completely missing.

I'm in dialogue with Lowrance so will keep members posted, I believe there is a revision for NauticPath anyway concerning tidal info so will step through their reccomendations as they are made.
Old 09 October 2007, 16:27   #5

Update

Lowrance have advised that the fault sounds like a card reading fault, so is therefore inside thunit not tha card itself. I'll check the card file names and see if they are of the faulty info on tides and upload new if applicable.

After that its send unit back for re-con, shame its just out of the gurantee!!