Old 02 August 2012, 12:30   #1

Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Lowrance HDS GREAT SERVICE

I purchased a new HDS-5 and LSS-2 in May this year from BT Marine Services- All makes and models of Marine Electronics, spares and accessories at discounted prices.

Chris offered a great price and support at the time. I have since had an issue with poor/slow satellite lock and on contacting Chris this Sunday 29th got an e mail back at 10:30 Monday to say he had arranged an advance swap/ replacement. This is not Navico's normal practice but to get me back on the water as quick as possible he managed to organise.
The replacement was delivered yesterday at 17:00 hrs from Holland by UPS and is now fitted
All works fine and I am a VERY happy bunny.
Its good to know when a product has an issue that the dealer and manufacturer will provide this level of back up and support and would recommend anyone thinking of buying a new toy to give Chris a try.

I have no other motive in recommending him and Lowrance other than this direct experience

I have been delighted with the Sonar and StructureScan and the quality of the Navionics mapping against Garmin. Structurescan is awesome - I have been looking for a wreck in Paxos for the last 5 years with my nomal (and good) Garmin 340C. This was an intact wreck on a reef top at 17m, ovehanging with the prop at 42m - perfect until the winter storms 'moved' it. I had tried a number of searches by diving - following the debris trail down/across, but giving up at 60m and delighted SWMBO with trawling with the echo every year to find nothing.

Well, thanks to technology I have located it - though a tad deep for me ! The bottom on downscan is 74.5 m

Piccy here - the record function is ace; much easier to view on the laptop afterwards and with all depths & GPS identifiable ( but not on the screenshot here) Look at the normal sonar scan v structuredownscan

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Father Wreck 2012.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	70819  
Old 02 August 2012, 13:28   #2

Town: Southampton
Make: Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 225
not sure on that link, i get

Quote:
Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
All makes and models of Marine Electronics, spares and accessories at discounted prices. contains content from Raymarine Marine Electronics - Welcome, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?
from google chrome, very strange.
Old 02 August 2012, 13:42   #3

Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Weird

Thats very strange - nothing came up on mine and it was what I used to buy.

The link has changed however from my copy and paste from xls where I keep all my expediture, supplier and equipment details ( darent show the missues the 'Total' cell

This is the origninal

"http://www.sea-kit.co.uk"

,,,, if I make it a link by removing the quotes it changes the description > no idea why or how
Not sure why google chrome would think Raymarine is dodgy