Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent Ribs
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150hp Suzuki
MMSI: 235021048
Lowrance and Tide Times and BST

Question
=======
I am using Navionics Charts of UK. Currently we are on daylight savings time UTC+1. No problems in that the unit displays current time as correctly DST. BUT when I look at a (T) symbol for tides and put the cursor over it, or I press the waypoint button when the cursor is over a (T), the tide data is one hour out - it shows the tide as though the unit is set to UTC. Thus yesterday afternoon, it showed just past low (rising) at 3.30pm when in reality low was at 4.15pm and the water was still falling. How do I correct this?

Answer from Lowrance
=================
After receiving your report, the event you have described was duplicated. When the GPS has the time corrected by the user, the correct values for tides are displayed. When the DST function is used, the local time is adjusted, but the Tide values are still set according to non-DST time. This will be forwarded for a resolution. In the interim, you can select to disable the DST and manually adjust the time values. In a couple of weeks Daylight Savings Time will be ending and the time values supplied can by the unit can be utilized by either method. This is the first report received on this matter. A software update should resolve this matter and be available in a timely fashion. This may be early in 2006.