Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 29 June 2016, 14:09   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashford middx
Boat name: Gale
Make: Ribtec 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150hp 4stroke
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 30
Lost keys

Can't find my bloody keys, please please tell me it's not a major problem an I can easily get another one from Yamaha??
It's a 2007/8 150hp 4atroke Yamaha
Any advice please.
Regards Matt
__________________

__________________
Sloopinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2016, 15:52   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
If you have the four digit key number!! If not then its a new ign barrel.
__________________

__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. West Country Division
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2016, 16:01   #3
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,927
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
If you have the four digit key number!! If not then its a new ign barrel.
"He who keepeth not a spare key, knoweth not the key number"
- willk 7:21
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2016, 16:20   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: hydradrive
Make: yamaha
Length: no boat
Engine: sterndrives
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 289
Lost keys

Some times they have number on the back of the barrel or barrel if you get stuck give me shout
__________________
yam man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2016, 16:20   #5
Member
 
Wightdiver's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopinn View Post
Can't find my bloody keys, please please tell me it's not a major problem an I can easily get another one from Yamaha??
It's a 2007/8 150hp 4atroke Yamaha
Any advice please.
Regards Matt
Just bought a spare for my Yam, there are actually frighteningly few different keys. Go onto BHG's website and take a look, they show them all. There are a few different "series" of keys but if you can identify your series, they all look slightly different, you could buy one of each it will only cost you 20ish.
__________________
Wightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2016, 18:05   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashford middx
Boat name: Gale
Make: Ribtec 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150hp 4stroke
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 30
Lost keys

Thanks for your replys going to look tommorow for number on the barrel. After looking on eBay I guessed there must be a small variety of keys
__________________
Sloopinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2016, 18:12   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashford middx
Boat name: Gale
Make: Ribtec 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150hp 4stroke
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 30
Lost keys

Looked on Bhg marine but without getting key code think it will be nearer to 80quid so will look for number on the barrel tomorrow
__________________
Sloopinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2016, 03:35   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: wormit
Boat name: lots of them
Make: various
Length: no boat
Engine: all types
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightdiver View Post
Just bought a spare for my Yam, there are actually frighteningly few different keys. Go onto BHG's website and take a look, they show them all. There are a few different "series" of keys but if you can identify your series, they all look slightly different, you could buy one of each it will only cost you 20ish.
Very good value for money considering there are 84 different keys.....




SLOOPIN Have a look in you owners handbook, there is a space for the key number and the supplying dealer may have wrote it in otherwise it a nightmare. PM me and I will tell you how to do it.

Davie
__________________
Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2016, 06:30   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashford middx
Boat name: Gale
Make: Ribtec 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150hp 4stroke
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 30
Lost keys

Hi davie tried to pm you but no luck.
Not to clever on computers. Please don't tell me I have a real problem on my hands. Can't believe I've lost the keys??
__________________
Sloopinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2016, 07:36   #10
Member
 
Wightdiver's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie View Post
Very good value for money considering there are 84 different keys.....




SLOOPIN Have a look in you owners handbook, there is a space for the key number and the supplying dealer may have wrote it in otherwise it a nightmare. PM me and I will tell you how to do it.

Davie
You missed my point about the series, there are as few as 12 different keys in some series, so more than 20 I agree but an easy way to solve the problem.
__________________

__________________
Wightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.