Boat name: C-Scanner
Make: rib520
Length: 5m +
Engine: suzuki70 df
location for in hull (inside hull) transducer mouting

hellow guys
following this post:
http://www.rib.net/forum/f37/fish-finder-74344-2.html

suddenly i was aware of the possibility that i can get something better than transom mount! during unloading and loading boat on trailer in bad spots, it can get damaged, can interfere with outboard kicker or trim tabs or other things and most important is the disturbance due to water turbulence and effect of outboard vibration and other reasons i am no expert of but that limit reading on moderate to high speeds.

having my boat hull probably beginning building tomorrow in the factory i should seek the opportunity to order them at least adding a hatch for the transducer.
currently i have lowrance7 HDS gen3 with total scan skimmer (transom mount) and havenot yet decided what in hull transducer i will upgrade to, anyway i want to have a place so i can put my future in hull transducer already in factory without having later to get gel coat off, open through floor etc..etc..I am seeking chirp transducer with relatively narrow beam to get depth of up to 500 meters in good details..

I am not sure if i can get other requirement being taken care of in factory-such as cable passage underdeck or exit hatch for the cable..but at least to have hatch for transducer. maximum i can get cable above deck.

I will get the boat with console not mounted so i can decide location by myself-this is other reason that I cannot decide where the cable should get out and where to locate the exit hatch...unless you think other wise?

anyway, for now i would like getting your help first for locating spot for hatch for the transducer...i have no much idea about that but I can say it is total fiberglass lower hull with regular shape.

attaching 2 pictures: one for upper boat with outlet for steering and other for mould showing lower hull shape.

If can someone draw a circle where should hatch be located I would very much appreciate it (if above boat center line or should be to the sides...)
other suggestions would also be appreciated.

sorry for my long mail..
thanks
sameh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170224-WA0005.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	118834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170302-WA0005.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	118835  
Old 05 April 2017, 21:12   #2

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Most transducers work well sikaflexed to the bottom of the hull. As far aft as possible, like the well at the rear.