Originally Posted by Hightower
I've investigated the source of my failure and it's water ingress. The chrome reflector has no more chrome on it as it's turned black and only half the LEDs work. The circuit board is encased in resin, but it can't be that well sealed! I'm going to exract the board carefully this coming week with a dremmel and see whats going on there, I'll report back any findings.
I did have a go at stripping down and repairing the LED light that went wonky. I found the electrics where encased in a resin which did a really good job of stopping me from removing the circuit board but didn't stop the water ingress.
I gave up and bought a set of identical lights from a UK ebayer with white cases and swapped out the white cases for my stainless ones. Job done for £35
What I did do is to seal everything with sealant to stop the water even getting near to the lights.
Job Done though!