Old 06 October 2004, 03:42   #31
Town: Oban
Boat name: RIB Tickle
Make: Humber Assault
Length: 5.3m
Engine: Yamaha 60ETO,Tohatsu 3.5
My Garmin has one channel with Brown/Blue (Blue is Tx out)
And the other with Green/White (can't remember offhand which one is which at mo)
When I had the silva fitted I used the Brown only from the sounder input and the blue only as the output to the VHF with the 2nd channel switched off. I intended to eventually use this to link to a Magnetometer (when I have the 2k to buy it)
I found last night that connecting the Icom the original way didn't work, nor with one wire on the second channel, it would only take a position with both wires connected (+ and -). So it is now connected to channel 2 with both wires.
I am not worried about it too much, I can't afford the magnetometer for a long while yet

Rupert Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2004, 03:09   #32
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Originally Posted by Pete7
Agreed but not bomb proof. This particular one was in my rucksack along with a packet of chocolate biccies. A certain ribnet owner from Surfhampton (who is renouned for breaking Icoms) found said biccies and ate half for his breakfast, didn't put the lid back on the tin, then left the rucksack in the car during a hot summers day. Result chocolate covered Icom. oh then we dropped it twice, so funnily enough it doesn't work anymore.

Now how good is Icoms warranty ?
Well, those nice chaps at Icom seemed to have fixed it. After removing the chocolate and cleaning up the contacts it turns out that the radio is perfectly serviceable.

So how good is Icoms warranty ? the service is excellent, thank you.

{astonishingly as it sounds, it seems there are some things that can survive an incounter with a rogue wave }

Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote