Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 August 2012, 03:50   #31
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Veho Muvi HD cameras - Round Britain trip and a short video of us leaving Salcombe Here
__________________

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2012, 12:37   #32
Member
 
rocknrolla's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: brierley hill
Boat name: rocknrolla
Make: osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
Not concerned by how strong they secure, sure they are great. Just need it to be interchangeable between boats easily with having to buy extra pads, or leave pads on boats that leave.

Will pop into local retailer for a butchers when I get chance.
There are no stiky pads or plastic on my mount son,its all 316 ss and aluminium u can put it on 1or2 inch a frame bolt camera in ss box, fix on safety line and away with the mixer
__________________

__________________
rocknrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2012, 16:59   #33
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perroboy View Post
I got mine on Fleabay...180. motorsport version.Came with a pile of mounts!!
Got mine off fleebay as well it's a great little camera had some great footage over the last few months
__________________
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2012, 09:14   #34
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Am going into jessops in Hedge end in next hour...by all accounts they have a dedicated go pro section will all the bits.....:-)
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2012, 04:53   #35
Member
 
lukewhiting's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM
Am going into jessops in Hedge end in next hour...by all accounts they have a dedicated go pro section will all the bits.....:-)
Howd it go?
__________________
lukewhiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2012, 07:57   #36
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewhiting View Post
Howd it go?
Well...they used to have a full go pro stand etc , but its now in thier warehouse !!! The guy there was very helpful and understood my frustration , but alas no further progress...

May have to try places in Poole at the weekend ( its going to be wet and windy Sat any how) .

Not a totally wasted trip as I went to see lead sponser of the boat show (my client) ..so free tickets sorted !
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2012, 09:13   #37
Member
 
lukewhiting's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM

Well...they used to have a full go pro stand etc , but its now in thier warehouse !!! The guy there was very helpful and understood my frustration , but alas no further progress...

May have to try places in Poole at the weekend ( its going to be wet and windy Sat any how) .

Not a totally wasted trip as I went to see lead sponser of the boat show (my client) ..so free tickets sorted !
Whats the main place your going to mount in? Ahh alright for some!
__________________
lukewhiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2012, 09:47   #38
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewhiting View Post
Whats the main place your going to mount in? Ahh alright for some!
going for the top of the aframe and hoping that the small flat area up there is big enough to take a 'flat mount' ....

Guy in Jessops couldn't even tell me the differance between the Hero and Hero 2....

I think if I can get away with it I can get a 'naked' Hero 2 which wil have the flat mount ...be in the waterproof caseing and I can make up a lanyard....simple ! ( hopefully ).

Whats daft is I have the cash in my wallet for it , but can't find anyone to help me buy it face to face ! I'll be into Animal in Poole tomorrow to see what they can or cant offer....
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2012, 10:28   #39
Member
 
lukewhiting's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM

going for the top of the aframe and hoping that the small flat area up there is big enough to take a 'flat mount' ....

Guy in Jessops couldn't even tell me the differance between the Hero and Hero 2....

I think if I can get away with it I can get a 'naked' Hero 2 which wil have the flat mount ...be in the waterproof caseing and I can make up a lanyard....simple ! ( hopefully ).

Whats daft is I have the cash in my wallet for it , but can't find anyone to help me buy it face to face ! I'll be into Animal in Poole tomorrow to see what they can or cant offer....
I used to have a hero1 & switched to hero2...the qualities amazing compared to the hero1.

Even if theres a vertical surface theres enough mount s to turn it up right. As for the A-frame dependent on the size a roll bar or handlebar mount should work perfect. It just screws round the tube.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120824_152813.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	71444
__________________
lukewhiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2012, 10:46   #40
Member
 
Leapy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
I can make up a lanyard....
I know there's a trust and confidence thing here, but I've had a HERO2 self adhesive mounted on the top of the A frame now for hundreds of miles. Sh$t and blanket spring to mind.

I started off with a lanyard but the damn thing flapped and squirmed around such that the video soundtrack sounded like a machine gun going off

I've also got a rear facing self adhesive mount on the top of the console. Ditto, sh$t and blanket.

Like I've said before, if it's good enough for Cookee's boat at 70mph plus ...

Edit: Be more aware of the camera to bracketry screw fittings. They need to be TIGHT as in TIGHT
__________________

__________________
Leapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.