Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 September 2015, 03:10   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lymington
Boat name: Anuradha
Make: Deep Sea
Length: 6.5m
Engine: Mariner 90
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 18
Gauge Style Stereo

Hi - I want to fit a stereo to my RIB. I have an old unused gauge that I want to remove and replace with a radio with bluetooth. I don't have space (in a convenient place) to fit a more traditional head-unit

Does anyone have any experience of these:
Waterproof Compact Marine Stereo with Bluetooth, Aux-In & AM/FM Radio | Piplers

Or have an alternative suggestion?

many thanks
__________________

__________________
Draki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2015, 07:06   #2
Member
 
Anchorhandler's Avatar
 
Country: France
Town: Huisnes sur Mer
Boat name: Raufoss
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draki View Post
Hi - I want to fit a stereo to my RIB. I have an old unused gauge that I want to remove and replace with a radio with bluetooth. I don't have space (in a convenient place) to fit a more traditional head-unit

Does anyone have any experience of these:
Waterproof Compact Marine Stereo with Bluetooth, Aux-In & AM/FM Radio | Piplers

Or have an alternative suggestion?

many thanks


I'm probably going to fit one of these shortly...
Very good quality being MB Quart and very compact....

http://mbquart.com/nautic-gmr1/

Simon
__________________

__________________
C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer, c'est la mer qui prend l'homme....
Anchorhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2015, 08:12   #3
Member
 
boristhebold's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,293
Perhaps what you need is some type of system that can be tucked away somewhere and you simply have a remote dial on the console.

FUSION Entertainment

My next sterio will be going that route as the current one plus two others over the years mounted in the console dash have all suffered from the effect of sea salt, sun, cold, wet and the surrounds of the facia have all cracked or started to disintegrate. (even with a plastic cover when not in use) The weather just kills stuff after a while.
__________________
boristhebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2015, 10:33   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lymington
Boat name: Anuradha
Make: Deep Sea
Length: 6.5m
Engine: Mariner 90
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Perhaps what you need is some type of system that can be tucked away somewhere and you simply have a remote dial on the console.

FUSION Entertainment

My next sterio will be going that route as the current one plus two others over the years mounted in the console dash have all suffered from the effect of sea salt, sun, cold, wet and the surrounds of the facia have all cracked or started to disintegrate. (even with a plastic cover when not in use) The weather just kills stuff after a while.
Thanks - rather more than I want to be pay tbh - but looks like an excellent system.. And I agree re: the weather/ sea taking it's toll - hence going for a more budget system, and expecting to replace it in a few years
__________________
Draki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2015, 10:33   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lymington
Boat name: Anuradha
Make: Deep Sea
Length: 6.5m
Engine: Mariner 90
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorhandler View Post
I'm probably going to fit one of these shortly...
Very good quality being MB Quart and very compact....

GMR-1 | MB Quart

Simon
Thanks Simon - that looks v similar to the one I linked to
__________________
Draki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.