Old 30 August 2015, 10:42   #11
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Originally Posted by Budgie1 View Post
Excuse my stupidity Jeff but what do you mean by 'post'? .... Have had a close look at connector is a bit green but it's only a power source could that cause loss of signal? ....think I will replace anyway just to rule it outAttachment 108255
Sorry mate battery post I have know them snap inside the battery top if you put a volt meter across and give them a good shake any drop in volts would prove also they can go green &white deposits between the connection but that's just a good clean and grease that would show an intermittent loss of power if the connector is green that will be your problem I suspect the green eats away copper especially when current is passing through and damp helps it, you basically have electrolysis depleting the connection happens a lot when people take the unit off for security and leave the connection unprotected water in the female end couple up switch on problem starts new connector required.

jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 03:05   #12
Length: 3m +
By the description of the fault I doubt its poor power. But that connector does more than power even if the version fitted only does power. The damp is shorting out something resulting in the internal antenna not working and loss of signal.

ShinyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote