Originally Posted by Budgie1
Excuse my stupidity Jeff but what do you mean by 'post'? .... Have had a close look at connector is a bit green but it's only a power source could that cause loss of signal? ....think I will replace anyway just to rule it outAttachment 108255
Sorry mate battery post I have know them snap inside the battery top if you put a volt meter across and give them a good shake any drop in volts would prove also they can go green &white deposits between the connection but that's just a good clean and grease that would show an intermittent loss of power if the connector is green that will be your problem I suspect the green eats away copper especially when current is passing through and damp helps it, you basically have electrolysis depleting the connection happens a lot when people take the unit off for security and leave the connection unprotected water in the female end couple up switch on problem starts new connector required.