RIBnet supporter
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
That's hard enough
Eh? Not really. Just copy the SD card onto another (or in my case a spare CF card) and pop into card reader. Homeport sees it just fine.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 06:34   #12
RIBnet supporter
Town: Bushey & La Bretagne
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Eh? Not really. Just copy the SD card onto another (or in my case a spare CF card) and pop into card reader. Homeport sees it just fine.
Personally I don't wish to have to carry an SD card around with my laptop everywhere I go so that I can use them. Hence the virtual SD card idea. Once set up it works fine though
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 08:20   #13
RIBnet supporter
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2 x 115 Etecs/DF140a
MMSI: 235060745/235111389
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Hmmm! not quite methinks
In response to the PM's I've had re. the above link:-
Firstly, I've only installed & used the chart on my Montana 650 handheld which I use as my backup plotter. I've not installed it onto a full fat Garmin plotter as I don't own one, but the process will be along the lines of:-
Download the 8 parts of the UNLOCKED version of the chart, these are hosted on free hosting sites & you might have to jump through a few hoops to get to the download area, save all the parts into the same directory/folder.
Double click on part 1, you will have to have WinRAR or similar software on your pc to unzip the parts & stitch them together. If successful you will have a thumping big file called gpsmapupp.img or similar. You need to copy this file into the "Garmin" folder on your SD card. If there is already a *.img file already in the folder, either cut & paste it to somewhere safe, or rename it to gpsmappup.img.bak this is your original map file so you don't want to damage it incase it all goes t1tt5 up
Alternatively, you can use a different SD card to play about with, put this into your plotter & format it in the plotter, the plotter will create a "Garmin" folder, just paste the new *.img file into that & give it a try. As I said, it works fine on my handheld, should work ok on a plotter. I believe a certain cocky young fella around these parts has successfully got it working on his shiny new kit...allegedly

Good luck
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote