Old 07 March 2013, 19:40   #1

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Fusion Stereo

We have had a Fusion Ipod Stereo on our RIB for nearly 3 years and it has always performed very well. Over the winter I noticed condensation inside the LED window.

As it has a 3 year warantee and it was 2 years 10 months old, I took it out and returned to Force 4. They commeted that they had never had a Fusion returned and at first did not know the procedure. However, I am very pleased to report, that Fusion have sent out a brand new replacement unit, so a very happy customer.

A great unit and good customer care
Steve
Old 07 March 2013, 21:56   #2

Town: Poole
Boat name: Half Cut
Make: Cobra 8.6
Length: 8m +
Engine: Verado 275
MMSI: 235104619
Force 4 are telling porkies, mine was replaced lasted year by them for the exact same reason and the new one is doing the same so that will go back as well.

I'll upload a picture tomorrow.
Old 08 March 2013, 06:50   #3

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
I know for a fact that another company stopped stocking them at one point because they were getting so many warranty claims! They must be improving as they are stocking them again now.
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 March 2013, 08:28   #4

I had a aquatic av ipod dock head unit that just after the warranty had run out the facia started cracking badly which ended with moisture inside and died, had a replacement and after about 1 year ive seen similar cracks start to appear so im just waiting on that one to die as well. Even though my first one warranty had run out a kindly european distributor replaced it free of charge which was rather good.

I think due to the amount of use some of us get out of our ribs and the wear and tear and the fact we are more likely to go out in not ideal weather perhaps its too much for marine units that maybe more prone to summer boaters or enclosed in a nice cabin on some hard boat.

When my current unit does die im thinking of fitting a water tight enclosed unit inside the console with a remote on the console.
Old 08 March 2013, 21:19   #5

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Engine: Outboard
Oh dear, I dont feel quite as gracious now. Will be keeping a very close eye on it!

To be fair, I took it back to Force 4 at Swanwick, so they may not have seen a faulty unit, not many RIBs that far up the river.

Steve