Old 22 April 2010, 09:07   #11

Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
When I first started learning to handle a fastish boat in a bigger chop (happy days) I couldn't get Hendrix's 'If Six was Nine' off my mental MP3 player.

Turned out to be a premonition as I've done what you have!

I've just made some investments in Roomful of Blues and Taj Mahal.

By the way I'm sorry to hear your fusion went wrong as I was quite attracted to them!
Love Taj Mahal, I seem to have quite a few of their albums.....

Don't be put off the Fusion, I am confident my fault was a one off. More importantly their customer service was 100% with a replacement unit whistling its way towards me.

Old 26 April 2010, 07:40   #12

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilda View Post
Don't be put off the Fusion, I am confident my fault was a one off. More importantly their customer service was 100% with a replacement unit whistling its way towards me.
Good to hear just installed a Fuzion iPod head unit in my rib - replacing a rather corroded (marine !!! Ha!) cd head-unit that looked just like a car one.

Got a pair of the Fuzion 7" speakers on order as well - not sure if I'm just going to replace the existing speakers as they sound OKish or create a new zone. Existing zone fires forward of the console (not that audible when I'm driving) so thinking of a new zone facing aft....

Old 26 April 2010, 09:19   #13

Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn View Post
Good to hear just installed a Fuzion iPod head unit in my rib - replacing a rather corroded (marine !!! Ha!) cd head-unit that looked just like a car one.

Got a pair of the Fuzion 7" speakers on order as well - not sure if I'm just going to replace the existing speakers as they sound OKish or create a new zone. Existing zone fires forward of the console (not that audible when I'm driving) so thinking of a new zone facing aft....
I installed my new unit today and it went suspiciously well, up and running in under an hour. I am now a marine engineer, it's official.

My speakers are large ones in the consol at foot level and two more under the suicide seat, I guess it depends how good your current speakers are as to whether you replace them. The Fusion is reasonably loud and punchy, but once you're motoring at speed it's pretty redundant.