when we bought Charlie Brown the console was something we knew we would need to address.
boat came out of the water 3 weeks ago.
and was taken to an indoor warehouse so the work could be done in the dry (and marginally warmer than outside)
started with taking out everything that was there...
mask up and mark out the new layout
fitted and back on the water
Have gone for 2 x Garmin 750S units networked with single Transducer feeding the network.
Engine data from into the units through some clever gateway thing.
Fuel tank level converted from analog to NMEA 2K and showing through the plotter. Trim level to do the same when i have ordered the parts!
The thinking was to replace the VDO gauges with single screen and as we looked further, it made sense to run two plotters for helm and navigator. once we networked them we can show information on each screen. (helm can see depth and chart info and vice versa)
Went for the Garmin 200 VHF and the Kenwood Ipod head unit so my Ipod can be nice and safe whilst playing the tunes!!
At the same time, we took the opportunity to send the prop away to be repaired and have the engine and drive fully serviced.
really pleased with the end result so far. need to spend some time working out the menus and getting the setup right but massive improvement on what we had before!
Back on its berth now ready for christmas day boating!!!