Old 17 July 2005, 09:05   #11
Town: Newquay
Boat name: G-P-S
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard
Navionics Cartography

I run a Powerboat School out of Falmouth in Cornwall UK. My main Plotter is a Lowrance LMS240 Mono with Navionics Classic cartography, which I find to be very accurate, I also have a Garmin 76MapS with BlueChart Cartography instaled, which again is very good. I personaly prefer the Navionics.

Mark Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 05:30   #12
Town: Milan
Length: no boat
Send a message via MSN to scubadiver_ita
compact flash

hi guys saw your comment regarding the mmc card for navionics charts. does the same rule apply to compact flash cards too? ( you are unable to copy the files from one card to another? many thanks in advance

scubadiver_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 13:47   #13
Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
We had a Garmin188c which was great, we got caught out in fog by the forts (Portsmouth) and the garmin guided us though the dolphin and back to eastney. We now have a raymarine E80 with platuim chart, havant used it much but if i am honest dose not seam as good as the garmin. mybe we are not used to it yet
Roy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 16:27   #14
Town: Bridlington, E Yorks
Boat name: Stormchild
Make: Ribquest 5.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF115TUL
MMSI: 235030489
I've got a Garmin 188C and data card for the east coast of england - Dove to Scarborough. Had no issues at all with the qualify of the data, the unit redraws extremely quickly and the only issue I've got is that after a few jaunts out in the cold during the last winter, the screen has some moisture / condensation behind it, and this makes it a bit hard to read in bright sunlight. But the cartography is fit for purpose and as accurate as jan 06.

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice that which we are for what we could become. (& then get the RIB out !)
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote