Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Electrics and electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 30 January 2011, 10:15   #1

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Anyone got a Fusion radio with remote unit?

I've got a Fusion IP500 mounted on my console at the moment, but I'd like to relocate it inside somewhere out of the way to clear up some console real estate for a glovebox. My cunning plan was to use the dedicated remote control unit on the console to be able to operate the stereo.

Does anyone have one of these setups, and can you tell me how it works?

I've bought the WR600 remote, which according to the website is meant for the newer IP600 head units, but the chandler assures me it will work and has obtained an adaptor lead from Fusion to be able to wire it in to my IP500. The remote powers up, but there is no response from pressing any of the keys and it doesn't do anything to the head unit. Are there some head unit settings to change, or is it just not compatible?
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2011, 17:23   #2

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
I was looking into this a while ago and if I remember rightly the newer remote works the newer units and the older remote still works with the new but not the other way round, can't remember the part numbers off the top of my head but the CD player was an MSCD600.

Hope this helps but even I'm confused...
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2011, 20:14   #3

Town: Bedfordshire
Make: Maxum
Engine: Sportboat Bowrider
I have the IP500 and Wr100 setup - the wr100 remote packed up last year and I was sent a WR600 as replacement but the plugs were different even though Fusion assured the UK agent that they would fit :-)

I didn't get offfered an adapter lead - not sure anyone knew it existed. However I was sent an old stock wr100 instead. Anyway, that also powered up but didn't seem to do anything which seems to be similar to your issue.

I can't remember exactly but a couple of attempts at powering off / on (at the main fuse not the front panel) of the IP500 either with or without the remote plugged in first eventually got them to "sync" !

If that doesn't work for you then the contact I had at Navimo who were the UK importer was
Carl Gilbert-Wood
Technical Co-Ordinator
Navimo UK
Tel:01489 778 850
Old 31 January 2011, 08:30   #4

Thanks davetpk, that's helpful information. Before I start whinging too much, I'll have a go switching power on and off a few times. Everything on the web says the WR600 uses a new communication bus and implies it will only work with the newer stereos. It surprised me that they had an adaptor lead available, but I suspect that might really be intended for connecting older WR100's to newer stereos and not the other way around.
Old 31 January 2011, 08:50   #5

Town: River Hamble
As far as I can make out the remote for the 500 and 600 are different. We have a ex display remote for the 500 if you need one, we can do 40% off retail @ £54.00.
Old 31 January 2011, 09:19   #6

Thanks for the offer. If my local chandler can't sort it, and will do me a refund then I'll definitely be in touch.