Originally Posted by maxhar
Martini, I thought the point of a fuse was to protect the equipment if there was a too high current delivered. I was under the impression that anything above 6.3 amp would damage the radio.
The equipment will take whatever current it requires. If it malfunctions and creates a short circuit then
you'll get excessive current, enough to melt the wires. So the fuse needs to be big enough to carry the normal current being used but small enough to blow before damage is caused to the wiring or anything else in the circuit.
ps that link was just from googling, I'm not endorsing the company. You should get everything you need from your local Halfords/Maplin etc store